Author Topic: New Bald Guy  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Eburt

• Learning the way of Sly
New Bald Guy
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »
Good evening bald gentlemen! Long time reader, first posting.
I've been hedging back and forth for several weeks, but tonight I finally cleansed myself of bad thinning hair. Thanks to those who posted their tips for first time shavers, it definitely helped.
My shave gel of choice has long been Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal. Good stuff. Only had the Mach3 razors in the house, but will look for something a little more flexible. Had to re-lather and shave 2 times to get the scalp clean. Well worth it, though.
The house seems much colder than usual tonight. Must be a draft...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: New Bald Guy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
Eburt,

Congratulations on making the choice to shave off your thinning hair!  It looks good man! 

Oh, and welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Thank you for posting your story, I'm sure  it will inspire others to follow suit.

Keep us posted on how others react to it as well as how you react to it.  I'm sure you'll soon enjoy the ever so loved "HEAD RUB!!"   ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 03:09:09 AM »
Welcome. bald is the way to go!    ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:02:07 AM »
Welcome...

And get ready to feel that draft for a little while... especically with winter setting in!   :P

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 12:02:44 PM »
Eburt, welcome to the forum as an active member! :)

I'm glad you went ahead and posted, but also that you went ahead and shaved your head.
It feels good to know that we've been of assistance (for you to make the decision to shave).

I feel I must concur with BaldRob: winter always feels a little colder when you're bald. But you'll
get used to it, and it gives you the opportunity to start wearing hats.

Something memorable I noticed when I shaved for the first time was how cool the pillow felt when I went
to bed. I thought "Gee, my pillow's wet!". LOL
Have you had the same experience?
Who loves ya, baby?

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »
...and it gives you the opportunity to start wearing hats.

Hats?!?!  We don't need no steeenking Hats!! ;D

Offline Eburt

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
Yes, the pillow was cold the first night. Was surprised at how quickly the stubble grew back. Within 12 hours, the smoothness was long gone.
Thanks for the welcomes - glad to be part of the forum!

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 03:32:48 PM »
My head's the same way. I can shave it in the morning and that evening, I've got stubble. The next day, it's like velcro. I get hat or sweatshirt fuzzies stuck to my head. It's sort of comical.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »
I love how the pillow is cold with the smoothness, but then again, I am the Yeti   hehe  ;D
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline bob

• perfection fits
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 03:39:56 PM »
Another crazy thought; you know everyone is bald underneath all that hair!  We just don't have to deal with it any more!  Good Job!

Bob

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
Its the same for me, sometimes i shave twice a day

My head's the same way. I can shave it in the morning and that evening, I've got stubble. The next day, it's like velcro. I get hat or sweatshirt fuzzies stuck to my head. It's sort of comical.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:23:23 PM »
i tried shaving twice in one day. my head hurt. guess it was too much for the scalp to take.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
New Bald Guy Also
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
 ;) Greetings also from a newly bald guy...I dont know if you all would agree with my reasons to go bald but I must say that I am extremely happy with my new look, I have a new understanding of the issues that bald men go through ( looks, stares, apprehensiveness, etc...) and in general, asides from the obvious, I feel better.  I lost a bet, and that's why I am bald, I was thinning but not that bad but yes I had hair.  I look at it as an overall life change.  I had been trying to transform my body from a 5'11 225lb guy to a 5'11 185lb chisled wrecking ball!  So far, I am down to 195!!  And I look at this as a permanent life change.

My first shave was with the head blade sport? (the one that looks like a yellow matchbox car) and I also used my mach 3 to get some of the tougher areas.  I used my normal edge shave gel and I only had a few nicks in the head.

I hope to be an active participant on the forum and look forward to hearing from you all!

@c3
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »
jasandalb, we don't mind that you shaved your hair because you lost a bet. We're just happy you found us! Welcome! If you have any other questions for us, feel free to post them or browse the forum and search the different topics.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »
jasandalb - either way you got to a chromed dome is cool with us.  Like Pig said, glad you found us!   8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.