Author Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar  (Read 15012 times)

Offline Plano

• Sly
Apple Cider Vinegar
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:38:46 AM »
I would have occasional breakouts on my head, nothing horrendous, but sometimes I would get pimples on my head. Either way, I tried many methods, and I actually spoke to a Holistic Doctor at the dog park recently, and he suggested I use Apple Cider Vinegar (organic with "the mother"), or if I couldn't find that, find it in a glass jar, not plastic.

Either way, to make a long story short, I've since taken it internally daily, and also have been putting it on my head with a cotton ball nightly (for the past 2 nights).

I notice a little clearing, it seems, but was wondering if anyone has ever used this method before? I am going to continue doing it, I've done a little research on it.

Thoughts?

Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

Slynito

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

BRAGG'S ACV...is good for what ails you...from hemorrhoids to head aches.

O0

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »

BRAGG'S ACV...is good for what ails you...from hemorrhoids to head aches.

O0

That's exactly what I use!!! LOL! I take a couple shots a day. I'm going to keep dabbing it on the head and will follow up with the results.

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
Locals here have used it with success curbing appetites, prostates, digestion and a neighbor puts it on her psoriasis and it helps to clear it up...bettern snuff and ain't as dusty. I make a toddy for my body, acv, honey 'n' branch.

fR!d@y

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
Braggs with the mother every morning for the last two years,Sometimes 2x a day.sh*ts wonderful   O0 I dink it many ways if interested let me know.I have 8 lrg bottles on the shelf leading in to my basement as back stock plus the one in the fridge.A few months back I bought a case of 12- 32 oz bottles at a health food store that was closing up for $2.00 a bottle also bought up all there Kombucha for $1.00 a bottle 72 bottles and many other goodies I saved myself over $400.00 in the long run that day O:O .Yep I am nuts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:28:25 PM by justtom »

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
Braggs with the mother every morning for the last two years,Sometimes 2x a day.sh*ts wonderful   O0 I dink it many ways if interested let me know.I have 8 lrg bottles on the shelf leading in to my basement as back stock plus the one in the fridge.A few months back I bought a case of 12- 32 oz bottles at a health food store that was closing up for $2.00 a bottle also bought up all there Kombucha for $1.00 a bottle 72 bottles and many other goodies I saved myself over $400.00 in the long run that day O:O .Yep I am nuts.

wow! that's a great deal. I wish I could find a deal on those. I would do the same. The stuff is amazing. Have a headache? Take a swig! Have heartburn? Take a swig! Broken leg? Take a swig! Well, you get the point!

Needless to say, I'm going to continue this daily regimen. I'm a believer.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
Wow! You got a fantastic deal, Justom. I'm sure it'll keep for a long time i a cool place. I buy the gallon jug and put it in the smaller bottles.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Before I went sly, I was told to use diluted vinegar (50/50 water) on my head to treat seborrheic dermatitis. Since SD is basically a yeast, the sprayed on mixture would sting on contact, but was very effective in reducing the painful itching brought on by SD.

However, since I'm now SD free (as a result of going sly), no need to apply vinegar to the Schrodome.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
A family friend kept telling me to put oatmeal on my head to prevent hairloss when I told him I was going to go sly... Now that's a weird one. Cider vinegar is great stuff, good for getting glue off the hands too, even epoxy.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
Add me to the list.

Bragg's plus organic honey every morning. Have done it for years and I attribute incredibly good well-bring to the regimen.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 07:03:04 PM »
I hadn't heard of anyone drinking apple cider vinegar, but I've heard of drinking balsamic vinegar after dinner to help digestion, so it makes sense.  Good balsamics are sweet and smooth

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 07:53:43 PM »
You can't fault an aged balsamic, the good stuff doesn't come cheap though!

Slynito

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »

Indeed 5, I picked up a bottle in the grocers this week and it was 25U$D...yikes!

O:O

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »

Indeed 5, I picked up a bottle in the grocers this week and it was 25U$D...yikes!

O:O

I was tooling around in the neighborhood TJ Maxx a few weeks ago looking for dog stuff and I ran across this bottle of Balsamic that was in a hard plastic security box with one of those high end electronic tags on it. The price....$75. and it was in the CLEARANCE section. I about fell over. I'm keeping my eye on it. Hopefully they discount it a few more times.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
Just showing how much of a high roller you are! I wish I could afford to, but alas, I am but a lowly musician. Being such a foodie, and a bit of an aspiring gourmet, I tend to get things like that as presents from the family, so it's worth the wait.