Author Topic: The Hairy Dieters.......  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
The Hairy Dieters.......
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
People in the UK may be familliar with the TV cooking duo of "The Hairy Bikers", to people who aren't aware they are a couple of northern cooks (neither professionally trained) who have for the last decade made multiple cooking/travel series, travelling the UK, Europe and beyond on motorbikes, perhaps best known for there love of "proper" food.

Both of these guys are on the large size, receantly over here they made a series called "The Hairy Dieters" in which they re-made a load of dishes but in a healthy way, not tiny portions of salad but real meals such as lasagne, meatballs, curry's even the good old British fry up!!

They have released a cookbook to go with the series with a load more recipes in and importantly the calorie count and servings. We've had the book for about 6 weeks now and I completely swear by it, the food really is great and like I said, doesn't feel like diet food. I've recommended it to my family and friends (I should be on commision!) who've now picked up copies too.

So to the chubby SBG's out there, I can't recommend it enough!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hairy-Dieters-Love-Weight/dp/0297869051

Slynito

Re: The Hairy Dieters.......
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
That's worth checking out...thanx Gearhead.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: The Hairy Dieters.......
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:43:26 AM »
We used to get them in Australia, I really liked their shows, it might be something worth looking into, because they really did make some yum looking food!