Author Topic: Young Guy Not Sure  (Read 4225 times)

Offline arod

• Learning the way of Sly
Young Guy Not Sure
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
Hey Guys,
   I have a question for you. My hair is currently about a number 4 buzz cut and I amd debating shaving it tonight with a razor. I have done no guard before and thought it was ok but not sure if i want to do it again. My question is about hair growth. I am going on two weeks vacation and I am wondering if I don't like the shaved head, how long do it think it will be after two weeks? Not sure about doing this. I am 25 years old and not many young guys around here shave their heads. Thanks for the help!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Young Guy Not Sure
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »
Rate of growth varies for everyone ... you know best how quickly your hair will grow.

You've done "no guard" before so you know what that's like.

My recommendation? Shave it off tonight. That's the only way to know how awesome it really feels and how simple life can be without hair worries. If you don't like it, it'll be back to stubble quickly and to "no guard" in short order as well.

Your profile doesn't indicate the area of the world you're in, but the buzz/shaved look appears to be gaining popularity quickly everywhere. Why not take your place near the front of the pack?

Isn't it time for a change?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
average hair growth is about 1/8" a week - so on average you would be back to the equivalent of a #2 buzz in 2 weeks, although it could be more if your hair grows fast.
And I agree!  Now is the best time to shave it all off - a close clipper shave looks almost the same, but there is nothing to compare to the feel of a close razor shave!  Go for it!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
this question is our of range. you will surely like it!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »
Go for it !  When I shave with a razor mine is back to a 1/16 to 1/8 inch length in 8 days. In 14 days it would be longer than 1/8 and almost 1/4 inch. I think that is 8 mm.  A 2 week vacation is the perfect time to shave totally smooth and enjoy it.  WARNING:  You will like it so much you will find yourself shaving multiple times during the 2 weeks, not just the one time :)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »
I agree.  Buzz it no guard today. Then shave it bald. Take your time on the shave. Keep it shaved bald for at least a few days.  Even a weeks growth will be similar to a short buzz.

But maybe you wont want to mess with hair again and you'll just keep it shaved bald.

Go for it. This is an ideal time.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
 ^^32 give it a try, amigo!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
As the other guys have said, two weeks time will get you about back to where you are now.  I'd recommend shaving completely smooth to see how you like it.  A no-guard buzz looks like it, but the feeling of a completely smooth dome is something else entirely.  If you look around this site, you see lots of discussion about getting and keeping a super smooth head.  There's a reason for that.

So, give it a try.  You might find yourself shaving more than you think.  While there may not be many sly guys where you are, you could be a trendsetter! :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
Just because you think no one id doing it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't! I'm almost 26 and I didn't think many people were sly in my area, but since I have started shaving myself, I've noticed there are heaps!

As the other guys have said, why not break the mould! It is all about making yourself happy, and if you think you will be happy completely sly then go for it, when you finally do the deed you will be regretting not doing it tonight (if you put it off that is)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »
Welcome, and good luck with whatever you decide.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Go for it! Start a new trend where you are. If you don't like it, your hair will grow back.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Don't worry about it, ladies LOVE the bald head.

Join the club and never look back! I regret hiding it for as long as I did. Confidence level is out of the roof now.
Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »
In two weeks you'll look as you had just done a #2... don't worry. But I bet you will want to keep it smooth.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »
If you look at Plano's pic you can see how happy he is and his confidence level is very high.  I think you should take the plunge and post some pics of yourself.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »
Go for it! Worst case you don't like it and it will grow back to your current length is a two weeks or so. If you have the itch, scratch it! You won't know until you try.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.