Author Topic: New to the Scene, enjoying the ride  (Read 2052 times)

Offline medpsy82

• Sly Jr.
New to the Scene, enjoying the ride
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »
Hey all,

I just started here and have been enjoying the many topics so far. I have been wet shaving for about a year now, mostly face not head. I use a VDH boar brush and soap with a VDH mug to lather in. My razors of choice are a Dovo 5/8 str8 and Thiers Issard vintage style DE complete with Thiers Issard Pure Badger brush. The DE is used the most with the str8 for weekends or holiday shaves. I have been shaving my head for about a year ago on and off, more recently turned to full-time head shave. I normally shave my head with my own lather and a Sheik Hydro 5 blade. I have shaved my head a few times with my DE, but normally end up nicking myself a few time. It gives me a much closer shave, that I really like, using the DE. Hopefully I'm hoping I will be able to find some pointers from fellow wet shavers, I find this is a small but loyal group dating way back.

Greeting so all...

[img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/120919/samp3c41427fc0c77b87.jpg[/img]    ~No Worries~

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
Re: New to the Scene, enjoying the ride
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »
Welcome to SBG

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
Welcome...there are many experienced folks on the forum that will answer your questions. Have fun!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
Hi Med:  Welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Since you have been wetshaving for about a year,  DE shaving your dome will be a little easier compared to an inexperience shaver.

I discovered DE shaving since April of this year.  It looks like you got a great set-up.  There are really no tips or correct ways to DE shave one's dome because of the many angles compared to the face.

Just prep your dome like you would for your face.  Also... do not rush a DE shave.  Always make time because a DE shave is your "spa-time" to pamper yourself.

Again... welcome to SBGs.  There is nothing better than the process of a DE shave.  It is a fun and challenging way to shave.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:43 PM »
cheers!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Enter your email address: