Author Topic: Alright guys I need your opinion, Shave bald or not? Pictures included  (Read 8015 times)

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Alright guys, I need your help.  My hairline has been receding for while now, and I am taking Propecia and using rogaine to fight it off.  I'm getting a little tired, and obsessive over it.  And the propecia is making me feel depressed, foggy headed and unmanly.

Now please take a look at my pics.  I tried to attach them directly before, but it said the files were too large.  So if you can just go on to my myspace page (www.myspace.com/locombia1), check out under my pics section, I got two pictures.  Click on the link that says "Pics" under my picture. Please let me know how you think I will look bald.

I am worried that my head may be too big, and that I will stop attracting girls (common worries on here I guess).

I would like to stop worrying.  Another thing is I am rather short, 5 foot 6, and I feel like I will look like I have a big alien head, in relation to my smaller body.

Some help please.  And oh yeah, this is my first (major) post, thanks guys.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
I'm quite sure the overwhelming opinion here is going to be "JUST SHAVE IT!"  I looked at your pics, I don't believe your head will look too big, or any different than it does now, it just won't have hair & will be slick & sly.  There are a lot of us short guys on here that are SLY too, I'm only 5'6" also.

Try it out, if you're not satisfied, it will grow back.  Think of what you could do with the money you save by not buying rogaine & propecia, not to mention feeling better.

Good luck, welcome to SBG. O0

BALDANDRE

Dude I clock in just around 5'6" (just a bit under, my friend! O0)....

Why would that make any difference? Your head does not look any bigger than most people's.....you want a slick bald head...it's the best dude!

Go for it...you're hair is already buzzed pretty short and tight....

Bald and Sly is the next step and a way cool way to go through this life!

Go for it bro!  8)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Shave it!

Give it at least 30 days and see how you like it. If it's not for you, then ya can grow it back. I agree with Medic and BA, you'll rock the look quite well.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Yeah....what PigPen said

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Chico D - welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

You'll rock the shaved head big time!  Like the others said, give it 30 days,  I know you'll love it. I also know the girls will love  it also.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Alright guys, I need your help.  My hairline has been receding for while now, and I am taking Propecia and using rogaine to fight it off.  I'm getting a little tired, and obsessive over it.  And the propecia is making me feel depressed, foggy headed and unmanly.

I think you just answered your own question.

Besides, when you meet a hot chick, tell her to look at your dome...they can see their future, and it includes Chico D.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline hellocowboy

• Sly Jr.
  • crappy camera = grainy photo
I have a slightly big head, and am also 5'6'' (there sure are a lot of us short sly guys  8) ).

Give it a shot.  Dump that hair regrowth crap.  And I think you'd look freakin' awesome bald.
A bald head is simply a solar panel for a sex machine.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
Chico D, welcome brother!

I had your same worries/fears/reservations...I have to tell you though I feel more comfortable now than I have ever rockin the SLY. It is so refreshing and it feels great not to worry anymore about the maintaining and worrying how it looks, if its noticeable and if people are look at it.

YOU CAN DO IT! O0 O0 You are worrying too much, if it is about the ladies, confidence is what makes a difference, not how much hair you have or how tall you are...its how you carry yourself and how comfortable you are in your own skin. Besides woman are more insecure about themselves than to worry about your insecurities, make them feel good about themselves and you will be good to go... 

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
1/ your hair does not look badly receeded

2/ you look like it would look very natural on you

3/if you really want you can stay on propecia, but I really dont know why your taking that rogaine, its evil stuff

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys, Chico.   Go for it and shave it.  From your pics I'll add one more vote for you rocking the look. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Your hair doesn't look receded to me, but you should shave anyway--you have the natural look for it.  You even have the facial hair all prepped and ready. :)

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Wow, no lie guys, you guys are great.  You have given me plenty of confidence to do it, and I thank you all very much for real.  You all are real high quality human beings, and there should be more of you (or should I say us) out there in this world.

I'll probably wait till I get a little vacation time, and its a sunny weekend (which is a lot of weekends, I live in Miami), but I'm gonna do it...what a relief it'll be to throw all that crap away.

Thanks a million guys

Offline mikesj

• Sly
Welcome Chico, Looking at your pics, I think you will wear the sly look really well. I don't think the side effects of the meds to grow hair, justify the risk. Once you shave it off, you will feel liberated and will wonder why you put up with craziness. (not to mention the savings!!)
 I went sly over a vacation and it was helpful to get used to the look before returning to work.

Good luck and keep us posted....hopefully your vacation will be soon

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
you'll definetly rock the Sly look Chico...have NO FEAR in doing something that will change your life for the BETTER! just do it...and keep it like that for 30 days before you make a final decision...i'm willing to bet that it will be to stay SLY! O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!