Author Topic: Will a longer beard suit me?  (Read 6375 times)

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
Will a longer beard suit me?
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
hey guys,hows it going?Been a long time since ive posted.26 years old and Been almost two years now i've consistently and permanently been a bald guy (other then like a month just to see how much my hairloss progressed.I'm currnetly in the process of growing my beard longer,thinking on a three month goal.My curent beard which you can see in my profile pic is the longest ive ever had it.My question is, does it even look okay on me and do you think the longer length will suite me?Some days i love it,other days i think i may not have the right face for a longer styled beard.I'd really like to grow a three month beard and maintain that length,but just starting to think maybe the longer look doesnt suite me.What do you guys think?

Andrei

Re: Will a longer beard suit me?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
If you wish to grow a beard, well, just give it a try, see the outcome.
If you don't like, don't rush into shaving it, try styling, giving it a different shape, play with the look and see what's the best style that suits you.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
I say "go for it".  You will never know unless you do it. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
hey. imo, you're okay now. depends on how you like it.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 03:43:31 AM »
You look really great in your new avatar, the beard length looks fine and I love the shine on your head.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:58:06 AM »
I think you have a nice beard as it is....but if you want to go for longer, I say go for it....looks like I won't be able to do too much better than a chinstrap myself....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:27 AM »
IMO your beard looks very good the way it is now. It looks thick, dark and well shaped. But if you want to grow it for 3 months, why not. You can always mow it down if you don't like the look. Right?

O:O

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »
It looks great the way nit is now but it can't hurt to experiment.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
I like the beard.  But if you want my opinion, I like a close cropped beard.   I think you look awesome, especially you shiny dome.

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
Daniel, Keep your youthful look...I like it and think you might put years on your appearance if you grew it longer. Pardon me for giving this advice but consider it comes from a guy 71 years young who went SLY four years ago because his wife thought he would look younger...and you know: "happy wife-happy life" but now we are both happy.
Bald Kahuna

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Personally I think you really suit the length that you are sporting in your profile picture. But there's no harm in growing it and seeing what you think, you can always trim it

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »
Grow it and see how you like it  - - -you can always trim it back if you think it is to long  - - -You look great the way you are  - - -You are a  real handsome BALD DUDE

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »
Grow it a bit more and see how you like it. You might be surprised.

Consider going to a barber and see if longer on the chin might be better, while keeping it trimmed on the sides.

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »
I agree with Warhawk!  You won't know until you try!
Your current look is awesome, but if that is the longest your beard has ever been then you need to find out what your version of "too long" really is.
I went through this same decision about 2 years ago - I made myself grow it for 8 months and I actually liked it long, although my beard grows asymmetrically and tends to sweep to the right - that made it hard to keep it symmetrically trimmed.  When the weather got hot I realized that the beard really did provide a lot (read:  too much) warmth in the summer.  It was great in the winter.  I have kept it trimmed back since.  Only way to find out is to try it!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 03:23:41 AM »
I think the same rule applies to your chin as your head, do what makes YOU happy! If you want to grow it out for the next 3 months go for it mate! If at any point it feels like it is getting to long, then you will have an idea of what length you were happy with and knock it back to that length. I personally feel... weird... if I have less then a handful of hair hanging from my chin these days, but some guys like a closely trimmed beard, what's that saying... different strokes for different folks.

Enter your email address: