Author Topic: Bald and Bearded.....  (Read 40257 times)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: Bald and Bearded.....
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »
Shaved mine off lol just didn't like it at all, I keep it trimmed, like designer stubble!

Never mind the designer stubble. Just look at the shiny head.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »
I thought about letting my mustache and goatee grow back out but decided against it. I figured that a grey beard with black eyebrows and no hair wouldn't look right.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »
I thought about letting my mustache and goatee grow back out but decided against it. I figured that a grey beard with black eyebrows and no hair wouldn't look right.

Not necessarily.  A lot of people never get any grey in their eyebrows. Try it and see how it looks.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
Razor is a wise man. I'd heed his advice.

MisterB9

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
I just wish I could grow a full beard :(

Give it a try.

Until April this year, didn't think I could grow a beard either. Then look what happened.
I have, no hair grows on the cheeks at all, did you have issues with that? i was going to try the not shaving the face for a whole month thing before I shaped it.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »

Give it a try.

Until April this year, didn't think I could grow a beard either. Then look what happened.
I have, no hair grows on the cheeks at all, did you have issues with that? i was going to try the not shaving the face for a whole month thing before I shaped it.

Don't have much hair on the cheeks either. But still grew the beard for a month.

After a month, you can always shave it off again.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 07:31:17 AM »

Give it a try.

Don't have much hair on the cheeks either. But still grew the beard for a month.

After a month, you can always shave it off again.

Every beard has its weak spots. You just have to let it grow for enough time so you can properly assess. And if you can't grow hair on your cheeks, well that's what goatees are for.   ;)

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
Every beard has its weak spots. You just have to let it grow for enough time so you can properly assess. And if you can't grow hair on your cheeks, well that's what goatees are for.   ;)

Well said. Beards take lots and lots of patience, especially to try and fill in the thinner spots... Definitely not an overnight thing.
I am one of those whose beard growth is sporadic on the cheeks, so I cannot sport a full beard, even though I'd like to... Make do with what you have!
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »

Well said. Beards take lots and lots of patience, especially to try and fill in the thinner spots... Definitely not an overnight thing.
I am one of those whose beard growth is sporadic on the cheeks, so I cannot sport a full beard, even though I'd like to... Make do with what you have!

That's it! Just make the look your own, you don't have to wear a 'traditional' style beard... I've seen some pretty cool original styles, that just seem to work... just like shaving your head, it is all about making it your own.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »

That's it! Just make the look your own, you don't have to wear a 'traditional' style beard... I've seen some pretty cool original styles, that just seem to work... just like shaving your head, it is all about making it your own.

That's what's up....I'm just gonna be thankful for what I have and work with it....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
I have found out that your beard will not be perfect unless you are very lucky! I would like that mine grew in thick everywhere, which it doesn't...and I have a gap in my moustache area....Just making the most of what I have...and to think I could be clean shaven and have hair on my head...!?

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
Re: Bald and Bearded....
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
I am shaved bald, dark brown,black eyebrows and a close cropped gray beard. But I am old nobody is looking anyway.  :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
Good start.  At a month you'll definately have a good idea where it's going but remember although it can be less than 20 minutes to Sly, a beard needs two or three months for most guys to see what their beards will look like.  Beards are patience.  If you get some itching, yes it happens, try using hair conditioner at the end of your shower.  Itching does end. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »
Looks like you're off to a good start.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
Thanks mate