Author Topic: Bald and Bearded.....  (Read 40216 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Bald and Bearded.....
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »
F77, lookin good man! That beard has certainly come a long way!

Jules man, that beard is looking awesome man, how much longer are you looking to grow it?

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 02:34:47 AM »
I don't know what it is about the look, but bald and bearded do just go together - everyone I know likes me better with the beard than without it.  And Jules, you won't know what too long is on the chin until you get there!  It looks awesome now, but you never know how much more awesome it could be until you try!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »
you won't know what too long is on the chin until you get there! 

I'm still trying to find that medium... haha!

BBC56, I really like what you have going on, that is an awesome looking beard you have! I can understand why everyone likes it so much! keep it up  O0

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:43 AM »
Thanks, Beardman!  It is beards like yours that inspired me to grow it out 2 years ago.  Right now it is in 'summer' mode but I will grow it out again soon.  The 'stache is still in training - it will be 4-5 more months before it is totally grown out.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 03:42:38 AM »
Jules man, that beard is looking awesome man, how much longer are you looking to grow it?

Thanks, Beardman.

Definitely growing it longer on the chin.

The rest might need a bit of trimming and shaping.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 03:53:34 AM »
And Jules, you won't know what too long is on the chin until you get there!  It looks awesome now, but you never know how much more awesome it could be until you try!

Good advice !

That is a fine moustache you have there. How much maintenance do you put into that ?

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 04:50:56 AM »
Thanks!  I always wanted to grow this out too, but like the 30 day challenge, I hadn't stuck with it at first.  In this case, it is more like a 365 day challenge!
Less maintenance than you might think; there is a place in Kansas that advertises 'the best moustache wax in the world'.  They may be right.  As I grew it longer, I waxed it every night with their 'stiff' product and wash it out in the morning.  After about a month it started to take shape (at that point the longest hairs were about 1 1/ 2" long).  I have been at it for about 8 months. .  All I do is wax it at night and wash it out in the morning, and once a month I trim about 1/2" off the two ends.  It will be about 4 more months until it is fully grown in - the hairs in the center are still growing out.  Oh, and if I need it to look neat during the day, I use a little of their 'soft' product to keep the ends in place (particularly important in humid weather - humidity makes my hair curl a lot).  In some ways, it is even more of a commitment than the sly look. 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 06:42:34 AM »
In some ways, it is even more of a commitment than the sly look. 

It is well worth it though, and I bet you still spend less time maintaining the mo' then you did your hair!

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
Oh, THAT is so true!  In retrospect, one of the happiest days of my life was the first time I got 4-5" of "styled" hair buzzed down to a 1/8".  That was the beginning; sly is the end.  No more hair driers, bed head, gels, combs (except for the 'stache), brushes, or trying to find the right shampoo.
TGIS! (Thank God I'm SLY!)

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
I find spending time maintaining this look is boosting my confidence and means I have actually started caring about how I look again.....for a while I haven't and it great to have that positive feeling back.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:02 AM »
I find spending time maintaining this look is boosting my confidence and means I have actually started caring about how I look again.....for a while I haven't and it great to have that positive feeling back.
Fantastic! Caring about yourself is an important part of being a person. I'm glad to hear that you found yourself again!

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
I had the same change in attitude - got me back to the gym seriously and lost 22 lbs!

MisterB9

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »
The beard gives great contrast with the shaved head, I just wish I could grow a full beard :(

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »
I just wish I could grow a full beard :(

Give it a try.

Until April this year, didn't think I could grow a beard either. Then look what happened.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:36 AM »
Shaved mine off lol just didn't like it at all, I keep it trimmed, like designer stubble!