Author Topic: Razorless Shaving Product  (Read 8011 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Razorless Shaving Product
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »
I've been noticing in the shaving section at Walgreen's they sell a razorless shaving cream.  I'm assuming it's like a "Nair" for your scalp.  It says that it is made for African-American Men".  I wondering a couple of things [/li][/list]

Has anyone tried this stuff (I can't remeber the exact name of the product)?
Does it also work on white males? :/O

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Razorless Shaving Product
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »
You probably saw Magic Shave.  And it may work for white guys, but only a very few of them.  It's very harsh on your skin and will most likely burn it too much.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »
Thanks for the info Tyler.  I wasn't ready to buy it yet.  It just seemed a little too good to be true.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »
Did try it once SLYinKC and only once.  As Tyler said did not work well and really let my skin with chemical burns.  Stick to the HeadBlade.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:30:24 PM »
Paul, I'll take your word for it.  My lilly white skin burns easily enough. :o

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:09:23 AM »
Shaving powder.

Nasty stuff. AA men get very bad razor bumps due to the curly hair getting ingrown.

Offline Bald Tom

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
Sounds like you could really hurt yourself.

Offline Crash

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »
Definitely never use Veet Hair Removal Cream.
I tried the sensitive skin version, left it on for the right amount of time, and my hair only came out in patches. It was ridiculous. Later that night I was at the gym and started sweating, and when I went to wipe myself with my towel my scalp got really irritated.
Bad experience all around

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »
I have to say that no one that no shave free product has ever been very heighly regarded here SlyinKC... 

The majority of the guys that have tried them post reviews very similar to Crash's.  I saw "Shaving Powder" in the CVS the other day, and I thought about giving it a go untill I remembered about the concensus here about Shave free products.  Never a positive Buy. 

& as a gentlemen with AA heritige, I have to say that ingrown hairs have not been that much the problem.  Just shave with the Grain at first then against after is a stratagy that I heard works. 
Peace

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »
You probably saw Magic Shave.  And it may work for white guys, but only a very few of them.  It's very harsh on your skin and will most likely burn it too much.

I got a very nasty burn from Magic Shave.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 07:48:14 AM »
Thanks for the info guys!!!
I have seen all this stuff in the stores but was really skeptical
on trying it! Plus the ladies in the isle looked at me kinda weird
because it was by the makeup, womens hair color etc...but it is
interesting reading the labels of this stuf and wondering will it work!!

Thanks again! will stick with razor until a bald guy hair removal system comes out!!!
 O0

Offline Leigh_12play

• Sly
    • www.myspace.com/leigh_12play
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »
I tried Magic Shave, its too strong for my skin, I have used Nair and Neet, it takes about 30 minutes for it to set on my face and head, I hated the time it took, but the results were great, and it lasted for two days without having to shave. For my skin, now, razors are the best.  As an Black Man, I have to insure that my razors are sharp and I have to shave daily to prevent razor bumps, but moisterizers help with that as well, so it depends on your regiment and skin type with black men in general, and grey hair is thicker than dark hair, im mostly grey, thats why I had to leave the neet and nair on so long, a couple of times I had burnt spots, that made me want to change shaving with a razor, electrics ones didnt give me the results I wanted.
A friend is someone that reaches for your hand but touches your heart...

www.myspace.com/leigh_12play

Enter your email address: