Author Topic: +- 1.5 weeks in bearding...  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
    • Exorte Studio - Indie Mobile Games
+- 1.5 weeks in bearding...
« on: August 25, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
Hey,

I started to grow a beard +- 1.5 weeks ago just to see what I can do with it.. I plan on growing it for 1-1.5 weeks before I start to do something with it and see if any beard look good on me. Some suggestions might be useful tho.. I don't really know if my beard grows well however it's better than most of my friends at this age but not sure if it's a good coverage at this point in my life... Pics below. :)

Need to get rid of my double chin... :D

P.S. I am using old phone camera to take these pictures and lighting screws things up a bit...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:36:21 PM by Trac3 »

Going sly might just be one of those things that will change my life :) Thanks! :)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: +- 1.5 weeks in bearding...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »
I think you've got good potential with that. Give it some more time.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
Looks good dude.

I'm (obviously) a fan of facial hair as I sport my own. You have good growth there. Maybe experiment with a goatee of sorts?

You have a round face (like I do) and I have found keeping it trimmed and shaved off the neck, and shave and trim it down on the cheeks, also works well for a round face. Reason being is it adds more definition to the face. I have yet to try a goatee or patch on my chin, but I do intend to. :)

Overall, I say it looks good. Experiment with it. :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:51 PM »
You certainly have some real potential going on there, let it grow out for a few weeks and have a think about what style you want to settle on, you'll work out what's best for you.

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »
Yep, that is a reason I am growing beard. To experiment if some beard style suits me.

Will definitely try what you are having now Extol. :)
Going sly might just be one of those things that will change my life :) Thanks! :)

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
Yes, you are coming along...just give it some time and don't give up. O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »
Trac, it's a good start...keep it up and give it time!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »
Give it at least three months before making a final decision. Are you going to let the mustache grow in?

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
Give it at least three months before making a final decision. Are you going to let the mustache grow in?

Three months is a long time, not sure if I can afford it but will keep it as long as it doesn't couse any problems.

As for the mustache. No, I can't stand a felling of having one... :D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »

Three months is a long time, not sure if I can afford it but will keep it as long as it doesn't couse any problems.

Sure you can!  ;)

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »

Sure you can!  ;)

I have few important business meetings to attend next week and I need to look professional. If I won't be able to get a good look out of it by then... Then I will have to shave it off :/ I at least I get my head fixed before than :D Hate that patch on my head now.. :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
I have few important business meetings to attend next week and I need to look professional. If I won't be able to get a good look out of it by then... Then I will have to shave it off :/ I at least I get my head fixed before than :D Hate that patch on my head now.. :D
Believe this--you will never have a long enough patch of no "important" business meetings to get a beard to the mature level--that doesn't happen.  But it's what's in your head, not on it or your chin, that matters.  If you're well prepared everyone will understand the start of a beard--unless they're ignorant or "anti-beard" and then it won't matter what stage your facial hair is in.  Dress neatly, conservatively, prepare for the meeting and show the preparation, and wear that chin mitten like a proud, bald man. 

Offline Trac3

• Code Genie
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:32 PM »
Believe this--you will never have a long enough patch of no "important" business meetings to get a beard to the mature level--that doesn't happen.  But it's what's in your head, not on it or your chin, that matters.  If you're well prepared everyone will understand the start of a beard--unless they're ignorant or "anti-beard" and then it won't matter what stage your facial hair is in.  Dress neatly, conservatively, prepare for the meeting and show the preparation, and wear that chin mitten like a proud, bald man. 

Patch was about my head hair which I talked in this thread: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=17959.0

However I guess you are right about everything else.. :) Thanks for an advice. I have decided to grow my beard until the trip through Europe. Then I will see if I can make something I like with it or it will have to go away.. :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
I am sure that in that time you will find something in that time, if facial hair is for you, that is.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Let your beard grown untrimmed for another month. Then consider having a barber trim and shape it for you.

Enter your email address: