Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 59330 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »
Try to apply some pressure on the blade rather than on the wheels. I do that with my Sensor blades. I sometimes even lift the wheels slightly. I have been using the ATX for maybe 2 months now and I can only say that I love it!
I used to do a little workout in the evenings, I'm doing that now in the mornings and shave after....amazing shaves!

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
After a couple of weeks using the ATX, I have to say that it only works Ok for me. It's great for a first pass; it works really well for me used that way to cut down on the overall shave time, but I definitely have to go back over parts of the sides, back and posterior part of the crown with a five blade stick to get everything. The ATX wouldn't even touch what was left on the back and sides of my head on a second pass, even with adequate pressure.

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »
It's been said before, but it's worth repeating.  If you like the feel of the ATX, you are able to use other blades with it if you'd like.  The HB3 blades can be used on it.  Just make sure you use the yellow adapter.  Sensor type blades can also be used utilizing the black adapter.  Any blades you used with the Sport can be used provided you have the proper adapter.

I've stated before that I just don't get along with the new adapters for the HB4 and HB6.  I have issues with getting the pressure just right and the end result is an incredibly patchy shave.  Very frustrating.  I have used the HB3 and yellow adapter on the ATX a couple of times and it worked great.  Very smooth and comfortable shave.

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
I really wanted to like it, but after 2 weeks I put it away and will probably never use it again.  The HB Sport is faster, and gives me a much closer , smoother shave.

Offline cobbster6

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »
I agree.  I use a Sensor blade with the ATX and find it works as well as the Sport.  Just use the black adapter.

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
What I'm not understanding is how people are getting better shaves with fewer blades (regardless of use of Sport or ATX). I consistently do better with more blades rather than less (Which is part of why I'm having to finish off with a 5 blade stick).
Of course, part of the ATX issue some are having is probably the angle of the blade head (via the adapter) rather than the actual number of blades, but still...

Anyway, when you use the yellow adapter with the ATX, I'm unclear as to how to attach it. I might give this a try and see if it works better for me.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:06:10 PM by Doctor X »

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »
It's been said before, but it's worth repeating.  If you like the feel of the ATX, you are able to use other blades with it if you'd like.  The HB3 blades can be used on it.  Just make sure you use the yellow adapter.  Sensor type blades can also be used utilizing the black adapter.  Any blades you used with the Sport can be used provided you have the proper adapter.

I've stated before that I just don't get along with the new adapters for the HB4 and HB6.  I have issues with getting the pressure just right and the end result is an incredibly patchy shave.  Very frustrating.  I have used the HB3 and yellow adapter on the ATX a couple of times and it worked great.  Very smooth and comfortable shave.

So, just to clarify; I can put the HB3 blades on in the same direction, just take the black "V" adapter off and put the HB3 on with the yellow adapter...

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
So, just to clarify; I can put the HB3 blades on in the same direction, just take the black "V" adapter off and put the HB3 on with the yellow adapter...

That's it man.  Let us know how it works for you if you decide to try the ATX with the HB3 blades.  Good luck!

Offline KJK1LL3R

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
I am not really a big fan of the ATX so far, I am thinking of going back to my S4 and trying the HB6 blade on it.   Has anyone tried using the HB6 or even the HB4 with an S4 or Sport?

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
What I noticed with the HB 4 blade is that the blade angle on the standard ATX setup doesn't sit right on the back of my head, even with pressure applied, which is probably why the shave is more dodgy back there.

I'll let you know how I get on with the HB3/ yellow adapter.

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
Been using the ATX for about a week now, and I've gotta say, I like it. It definitely takes a while to get used to the new design, but I seem to be getting some great shaves thus far. I used to use Sensor3 razors with my old HB Sport, but this HB4 razor that came with the ATX is really working for me. I also love that I can now shave the sides of my head without using a separate stick razor. I think I may end up really liking the ATX in the end. O0

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »
HB3 with yellow adapter on the ATX is definitely working better for me; which is good news in two respects: One, I don't have to give up on using headblade, which means my shaves will be faster, and Two; the HB3 blades are cheaper and more readily available.

Offline Keith183

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
I'm with others, most recently, Dr. X, in that I use the ATX with HB3s and the yellow adapter. The center pivot of the HB3 & yellow adapters and the pulling motion of the ATX is the best method for me. The angle pivot of the HB4/6 never stays correctly on my scalp through the entire shaving stroke.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
Hi everyone :) as I'm new here my apologies if this has already been discussed.
After reading about it, I ordered the ATX  and other associated goodies (such as the stand and case) from the HeadBlade website I am now eagerly waiting for it to arrive so that I can perform my very first headshave.

Today I looked at the ATX instructional video and it says right at the end that the spring needs to be replaced once per month. What?? Does anyone know about this? Thanks :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2013, 01:51:32 AM »
Hi everyone :) as I'm new here my apologies if this has already been discussed.
After reading about it, I ordered the ATX  and other associated goodies (such as the stand and case) from the HeadBlade website I am now eagerly waiting for it to arrive so that I can perform my very first headshave.

Today I looked at the ATX instructional video and it says right at the end that the spring needs to be replaced once per month. What?? Does anyone know about this? Thanks :)

Welcome Crowbar,

If the ATX is the same as the Sport (which I'm 90% sure it is) there are 2 springs (adapters) in each 4 pack  http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=2006&Category_Code=accessories like that but for the HB4/6 (whichever you chose)

So yeah it's no major drama. They just clip on and off, and that's what the cartridges attach too.

Hope that helps!
Lynchy

Enter your email address: