Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 59327 times)

Offline geo_11

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »
I decided to try the ATX when it came out, my first shave was amazing, so smooth and easy to use, that was with the standard HB4's. However, recently i've not been getting that smooth shave that i had initially with the ATX, instead i'm left with areas of stubble that i can't get rid of, this is after changing the HB4's.

Anyone help to help me out?
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Offline mark

• Sly Jr.
    • Personal Trainer
Re: Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
I've never cut myself with the head blade atx. So I don't think anyone can say its going to cut your head or it isn't. It comes down to HOW YOU USE IT.

And to the fellow that is now getting patches of unshaven spots,it isn't the razor,it sounds like its your technique. Slow down maybe?
Www.coachcampana.com

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
the atx arrived in the post last week. and after switching the adapter and loading up with my trusty sensor slades i jumped in the shower and set to with the razor, what can i say, superb shave, no nicks or cuts just a close comfortable shave in record time. thank you mr green, a superb tool and my weapon of choice from now on [ didnt think any thing could replace my headblade sport] O0 O0 O0

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
I decided to try the ATX when it came out, my first shave was amazing, so smooth and easy to use, that was with the standard HB4's. However, recently i've not been getting that smooth shave that i had initially with the ATX, instead i'm left with areas of stubble that i can't get rid of, this is after changing the HB4's.

Anyone help to help me out?
Could just be time for a fresh blade.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »
I think I'd gotten too used to there only being 3 cartridges in a refill kit so I'd try to get the most out of them. I notice that towards the end of its' lifespan the blades don't shave as well. I've learned that I should pop on a fresh blade when this happens (which is roughly around the 2 week mark).
-Winston Churchill

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
After using the ATX for quite a while I have found that the HB4's give me a much better shave. I think it might just be that the smaller cartridge follow the contours of my bumpy head better.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• One smooth dude
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
I've been using the ATX for a few days now and I'm loving it!  It did take me a while to get used to using the pressure on the blades, but once I got past that, it is the smoothest shave I have ever had.

Also I prefer the 4 blades as well.  They both give a good shave, but the 4 blade seems to glide smoother than the 6, and it's much easier to rinse out.

They also gave me a bunch of goodies por gratis.  A bunch of samples of headlube and head shedand two bumper stickers.

Very happy customer here!

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »
I'm glad to read that some of you are getting along great with the ATX.  I actually tried it again earlier today and still think it's absolutely horrible.  Just an extremely patchy shave.  Personally, I couldn't recommend it to anybody.  The Sport however, I'd recommend to anybody that wanted to try something different than a traditional razor.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »
I'm glad to read that some of you are getting along great with the ATX.  I actually tried it again earlier today and still think it's absolutely horrible.  Just an extremely patchy shave.  Personally, I couldn't recommend it to anybody.  The Sport however, I'd recommend to anybody that wanted to try something different than a traditional razor.

Ditto.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• One smooth dude
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Re: Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »

Really?  Try making sure that you keep enough force on top of the blades so that the cartridge just barely lies flat on your head.  Take it slow, and take the hand your not using to feel behind each stroke to make sure you didn't miss anything.  It does take a while to get used to.

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
Well, I just ordered one. Hopefully I like it. For the people who have it: is shaving the sides of the head any easier with this new design? With my current Head Blade (Sport), I cannot satisfactorily shave the sides of my head, so I always resort to pulling the Hydro5 out to finish things up. It would be nice to no longer have to buy two different brands of razor cartridge.

Also, is there any chance HeadBlade.com censors negative reviews? They seem to all be overwhelmingly positive, no matter which product. When you look at the reviews for Head Blade products on other sites (like Amazon), you definitely get a more realistic positive-to-negative ratio.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:27:27 PM by cuzzin »

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
My first shave with the ATX was decent. I definitely like it better than the sport; feels a bit more natural and more comfortable to use. Still have trouble with parts of the back and sides though. I think it will get easier the more I use it and figure out my flow. Part of the problem is that I've got multiple direction hair growth in those areas, so it's more difficult to get evenly close with any razor, not just the ATX. The quad blade definitely worked better for me than the triple on the sport. I'll update this once I've given the ATX a good week or so of use to get more used to it.

My initial impressions were mostly favorable though.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
My first shave with the ATX was decent. I definitely like it better than the sport; feels a bit more natural and more comfortable to use. Still have trouble with parts of the back and sides though. I think it will get easier the more I use it and figure out my flow. Part of the problem is that I've got multiple direction hair growth in those areas, so it's more difficult to get evenly close with any razor, not just the ATX. The quad blade definitely worked better for me than the triple on the sport. I'll update this once I've given the ATX a good week or so of use to get more used to it.

My initial impressions were mostly favorable though.

For the sides (especially around/behind my ears) I have to make up and down passes as well as the front/back passes. Try this, start at the base of your ear (behind the lobe) slowly come up and around your ear moving toward the sideburn>rinse>then make another pass in the opposite direction (starting below the sideburn then moving to the back of the ear). Don't bother with the finger ring hold it by the waist.
-Winston Churchill

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
Today was my second time using the ATX. Not as good a shave as the first time. I think it's because I'm still experimenting with the pressure application on the blade, and maybe used a bit much, especially on the sides of my head. I'm sticking with the ATX for a few weeks before I make an ultimate decision. I do think that the ATX is easier to use for shaving the sides of the head in a vertical direction. With the Sport, I had to break out a separate stick razor (Hydro5) to get this done. Hopefully I can eliminate the need for two razors on my head.

One thing I noticed on both shaves: the wheels don't always turn when I'm sliding the razor over my head. Sometimes they'll just drag across my scalp. Anyone else noticing this? Maybe this is another thing to do with the pressure I'm applying to each side of the razor, I don't know.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »
Today was my second time using the ATX. Not as good a shave as the first time. I think it's because I'm still experimenting with the pressure application on the blade, and maybe used a bit much, especially on the sides of my head. I'm sticking with the ATX for a few weeks before I make an ultimate decision. I do think that the ATX is easier to use for shaving the sides of the head in a vertical direction. With the Sport, I had to break out a separate stick razor (Hydro5) to get this done. Hopefully I can eliminate the need for two razors on my head.

One thing I noticed on both shaves: the wheels don't always turn when I'm sliding the razor over my head. Sometimes they'll just drag across my scalp. Anyone else noticing this? Maybe this is another thing to do with the pressure I'm applying to each side of the razor, I don't know.

Applying too much pressure definitely effects how the wheels roll.
-Winston Churchill