Author Topic: Weird Sunburn / Great Remedy  (Read 4547 times)

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
Weird Sunburn / Great Remedy
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

So yesterday I got my first sunburn after going sly...here is the weird part: not only did I have two layers of suntan protection on my noggin but only half my head burned... the front half burned and about half way the burn stops...i apply the protection exactly evenly...i mean i dont even know how to not apply it evenly..haha..

Its def. a weird look...also it doesnt hurt...so i know its not a bad burn...

now for the remedy...im sure everone already knows about this but i might as well put it up anyways: So what I have always done is two fold, first I go find an aloe plant, open up one of the sides and rub the inside of the plant all over the burned area...this really helps!...i just did it like 5 hours ago and the sunburnt area is already healing...the other part that I always do is put on what we Russians call Kefir...but since many people cant get their hands on this dairy product, yogurt works perfectly too...esp. if you r in pain, yogurt really helps...(plain yogurt)

I know its a weird remedy but it has always worked for me and everyone i know...

So any theories about why only half my head burnt?? I was out in the cali sun and wasnt under a tent or anything that could have covered half my head..i was at a graduation out in the open in the sun...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Weird Sunburn / Great Remedy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »
California is weird that way    O0
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »
Hey Guys,

So yesterday I got my first sunburn after going sly...here is the weird part: not only did I have two layers of suntan protection on my noggin but only half my head burned... the front half burned and about half way the burn stops...i apply the protection exactly evenly...i mean i dont even know how to not apply it evenly..haha..

now for the remedy...im sure everone already knows about this but i might as well put it up anyways: So what I have always done is two fold, first I go find an aloe plant, open up one of the sides and rub the inside of the plant all over the burned area...this really helps!...i just did it like 5 hours ago and the sunburnt area is already healing...the other part that I always do is put on what we Russians call Kefir...but since many people cant get their hands on this dairy product, yogurt works perfectly too...esp. if you r in pain, yogurt really helps...(plain yogurt)

I know its a weird remedy but it has always worked for me and everyone i know...

So any theories about why only half my head burnt?? I was out in the cali sun and wasnt under a tent or anything that could have covered half my head..i was at a graduation out in the open in the sun...

If it was closer to your forehead...it's because of sweat...I always get a slight burn towards the front of my head (about 1 1/2 into my hairline) when I do a lot of yard work that makes me sweat....

I'm in cali. too..whittier to be exact...the smog DOES NOT act as protection...you would think on some days it would! ;)

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:24:07 PM »
Hey Guys,

If it was closer to your forehead...it's because of sweat...I always get a slight burn towards the front of my head (about 1 1/2 into my hairline) when I do a lot of yard work that makes me sweat....

I'm in cali. too..whittier to be exact...the smog DOES NOT act as protection...you would think on some days it would! ;)

Haha...oh yea the smog should be the protection...

whittier huh?? I was just there last night for a graduation party... love whittier...

So, if even sun protection does not help (two layers!), than how do we protect ourselves from such a harsh sun? is wearing a hat the only way out?! i personally did not go sly so i can hide the noggin again!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »

whittier huh?? I was just there last night for a graduation party... love whittier...

So, if even sun protection does not help (two layers!), than how do we protect ourselves from such a harsh sun? is wearing a hat the only way out?! i personally did not go sly so i can hide the noggin again!

I don't like wearing hats, but you just have to sometime to ensure the protection you want.  Especially if you're outside for a long time straight and will be sweating a bit.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »
Bullfrog spf 36 sport spray....i just spent the last month in florida without burning the head  http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=4370
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:31:41 PM by Kajun »
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:40:30 PM »

Dude, we'll have to have some brews some day in the uptown or somethin'! Maybe the day of the SLY convention or sometin'!  O0

You wont catch a hat/ cap on this bald dude either, so you have to just deal with the two tone look...

I like showin' the shinin noggin' WAY too much...like to make people squint from the glear off my head! O:O

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »
Dude, we'll have to have some brews some day in the uptown or somethin'! Maybe the day of the SLY convention or sometin'!  O0

For Sure!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 08:46:38 PM »
Sticks, what level of SPF were you using?  You didn't mention it.  Always look for something with a high SPF that is also waterproof.  You might also want to check out a do-rag from www.headsweats.com -- they are great, and you can carry one in your pocket.  If you're unexpectedly out for a while and think you've had enough sun, just pull it out and tie it on.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
Sticks, what level of SPF were you using?  You didn't mention it.  Always look for something with a high SPF that is also waterproof.  You might also want to check out a do-rag from www.headsweats.com -- they are great, and you can carry one in your pocket.  If you're unexpectedly out for a while and think you've had enough sun, just pull it out and tie it on.

Hey,
I had one layer of the Bald guyz 30spf on and than about two hours later i sprayed my head and body with 50 spf sport...forgot the brand name and too lazy to get up and look....

so two different types with high spfs...it must be the sweat...hmm i was actually looking for a do-rag, thanks for the heads up!