Author Topic: How Do You Guys Deal With It And In Finding Dates?  (Read 9785 times)

Offline PlanetHunter01

• Learning the way of Sly
How Do You Guys Deal With It And In Finding Dates?
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:49:57 PM »
Im currently loosing my hair, it runs in the famally. I'm 17 years old! How can this happen to me in this sensetive time? I'ved always been the attractive one in school, I was used to it, i loved it, I never dated a girl for beeing the dumb shy kid, if i knew i was gona go bald, i would've been dating girls like crazy, but that's not so anymore. I just cant take it anymore! i'm loosing my hair! i deny it by letting my hair grow long, and not using shampoo, i look at myself in the mirror thinking of ideas to cover it up, but i always come empty handed.

My question is how do you guys cope with it and how do you guys ask girls out?(I've never had one =( ) Where do you go to meet woman? any tips i should know about? When should i shave it?

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: How Do You Guys Deal With It And In Finding Dates?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
Welcome PlanetHunter,

You came to the right place. Check out some of the other topics and you'll see many from guys your age who have experienced the same hair problem and worked through it.

Which usually means cutting your hair quite short (a buzz cut) or flat out shaving it. It's a dramatic change - particularly for someone your age. But it tells the world that YOU ARE IN CHARGE and are a force to be reckoned with.

As for dating ... Sly guys meet dating partners the same way as the non-Sly. The only difference is that Sly guys seem to connect with girls who have more substance, versus girls who are focused only on hair. How silly is that?

What's your plan for dealing with your hair? Dealing with the girls will come after that I think.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »
Welcome to SBG, PH01. This forum has many young men who had women anxieties because the shaved...Paul the Bald, is an example of being one of few BBC in his town and he found the women are all over him now. There are many that can give you testimony on the subject. Good Luck!

O:O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
Here's a tip - most chicks really don't care about hair. If they do, you don't want them.

If you're doing well with the chicks already then it's because you have confidence in yourself...you just need to keep or regain that and things won't change.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline KG

• Extraordinary Sly Guy
  • Sly
  • Sly since 7/27/2012
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
I look at myself in the mirror thinking of ideas to cover it up, but i always come empty handed.

That's because there is no good way to hide it.

Sounds like you're not far off from success with women, with your good looks, now just add some confidence.  Many of us have found that becoming sly can accomplish this, because it is a way to take control of the situation.  Plus it looks and feels really good.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be sly.

Andrei

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
First, you have time to date and there are plenty of girls.
Second, if you are a good looking guy (like I understand from your original post) with hair then you will still be a good looking guy even if you will sport a different haircut something much shorter that works better into your interest.

So, getting back to your question, in my case I don't feel that my chances with a lady are different now than before. Actualy, I'm enjoing this look the most out of what I've tried so far and that makes me feel better and maybe I'm more optimist.
There's a remark: Just because one is optimist that does not increases his/her chances of succeeding (the probability is the same) but it will definetly help him/her to make the most out of it. Shake off the bad feellings, do something good about it: go to a barber, speak with him, ask for an advice for a haircut that will suit you (I assume something buzzed) and then you'll feel much better.

Offline KG

• Extraordinary Sly Guy
  • Sly
  • Sly since 7/27/2012
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
Just because one is optimist that does not increases his/her chances of succeeding (the probability is the same) but it will definetly help him/her to make the most out of it.

I like this thought Andrei.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be sly.

Andrei

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »

I like this thought Andrei.

Thank you.
It's a simple idea, of course I've read it somewhere (can't remember where to quote the source too), but it makes sense to me.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 05:35:36 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!

Dude... you asked how we "cope with it".  "Cope with it"????? HELL.... we EMBRACE it!!

Embrace your baldness and it will become another tool in your "arsenal of life".
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 06:07:40 AM »
Cope with it...yep that's what I ask myself every day....LOL.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 06:13:42 AM »
Welcome, Planet Hunter! As a guy who has been married (and divorced) multiple times, I can promise you that all of the women I've been with never had an issue with my hair, even when I was balding and getting short haircuts. After I went sly, my wife at the time would tell me "If you don't shave that crap soon, I'm going to shave it for you!" On a serious note, as was said earlier, any woman who has an issue with your hairstyle is not worth your time...Good Luck, man and keep us posted!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum PlanetHunter. You've gotten great info from the guys so far. I will add that once you shave and feel the confidence that comes with taking control, then everything else opens up.
You say you haven't had problems with the ladies, well guess what, the attention you receive will increase big time.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:00 AM »
How did I cope with going bald? I shaved my hair off! If you have contemplated the idea, then it sounds like it might already be time for you to do it or at least buzz it down. You have been given some very wise words of wisdom already, I hope you take them on board. I especially like the idea of talking with a barber, they will have something up their sleeve!

As for the ladies, if they are worried about your hair then they have more important things to worry about! Just make yourself happy, be it going sly or what not and the chicks will still be interested, possibly even more so!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »
Hello Planet Hunter and welcome to this forum.

Some excellent advice being dispensed here.  Stick around on the forum and soon you will know what to decide.  It's funny, when we go Sly we look back and realize that it was no big deal.  Yes before taking the leap, it can be very daunting, but afterwards it becomes "normal" actually for many it is better than "normal".  Most of us here wished we had done it earlier in life.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
Welcome, PH. Your dilemma is simple: Too much thinking, not enough doing. You can't control how and where your hair grows. There's no good reason to let something that you can't control, control YOU. Don't be a slave to the bunch of dead cells growing out of your skull.
If you don't like your current hair situation and you want to try to shave your head, do it. If you want to keep shaving it afterwards, experiment with different blades and soaps/creams until you find the right combo for you.

Women are attracted to confidence. Find your confidence, and you'll find your link with women. It really is that simple in itself. The difficult part is of course actually finding the aforementioned confidence.
They will not be interested in you if you are too down on yourself too often. Women don't want someone they have to emotionally babysit.

Not trying to sound harsh, but I can tell that you're thinking way too hard about all this. Life is too short to be so hung up on objects and issues of vanity. Take control of your situation, and your life. Good things will happen as a result. I promise.  O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS