Author Topic: Itchy Scalp  (Read 27437 times)

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
Itchy Scalp
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
Hey bald fam.

So uh, my head has been sort of itchy the past few days. It didn't do this when I first started shaving my head, but it just started. I noticed this morning it was kinda flaky up top. After I shaved, I figured it'd go away. I use HeadLube Matte (because the shiny dome-piece isn't for me) and even now after shaving and applying it, there is still flakes. I don't think it's dandruff, maybe something else?

Anyway, it's itchy and annoying. I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking TN Dickenson's Witch Hazel might work, or Bald Guyz Moisturizer. I just think it isn't getting enough moisture, but I don't want to stop using the matte.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of a thing? Last thing I need is my head being all flaky.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Itchy Scalp
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
I had a similar problem when I first went sly. Nivea Extreme After Shave Balm seemed to take care of it.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
But would I be able to apply the balm and then the matte? Or do I gotta suck it up and just shine on?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
Extol, when I first joined up about nine months ago, I had a problem with itching scalp, especially after say about four days of not shaving...I just bought some Noxzema (get the Name Brand, not the generic brand) and I just washed my scalp as I did my face and it stopped the itching within days...Just a (cheaper) suggestion, Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »
Was it flaking as well?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
Not really, but I think I may have had some clogged pores from failing to properly wash my scalp after shaving it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
Hmmm I might not be washing it very well either after shaving... ugh. What a pain lol.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
still gotta wash your head hair or no.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
LOL I wash it before I shave. But maybe I'm not getting all the HeadSlick off my head before I apply the matte. :/

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »
my anti dandruff shampoo takes care of that for me then I just need to rub some lubricant on my dome and some after shave on my dome after shaving so the skin is not dry looking on top

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:59:52 AM »
Dry skin causes the itching, maybe try another moisturiser. I've got the HeadLube glossy, not a fan though. TN Dickinson witch hazel is good stuff.

theman

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
Hello friends,
Baldness has spread among the youngster as it was in the older age person. So, The problems of the itchy scalp can be finish with herbal treatment. You have to take some mustard oil and some drops of the water and mix them. So, apply this mixer daily before going to the bed.
That is interesting, never heard of that.  Thank you and welcome.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
Try treating it like Dermatitis. wash your head with Head and Shoulders then before you apply your lotion of choice use Cortaid (or Cortisone 10).
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Enter your email address: