Author Topic: Did it finally  (Read 4995 times)

Accepted

Did it finally
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »
Hey guys,
               After 2/3 years of constant misery and obsessing in vain I finally took the razor to my dome yesterday.. Had been keeping it buzzed for a few months and honestly I liked the look but the top was starting to thin so much it became a little too obvious, so I thought i'd just get on with the inevitable..

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the look.. it's just about ok from the front but from the sides my head is really weirdly shaped. Haven't been out of the house either, just lying down in bed almost in tears..

but anyway at least things can only go uphill from here on out.. couldn't have come this far without all the encouragement from this forum and all the great stories and posts I've spent weeks reading.

Thanks to everyone once again and of course Tyler for this website!!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528050_10151183261269766_848081317_n.jpg

Accepted

Re: Did it finally
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:36:41 AM »
p.s. the picture linked is 3 days ago! :P

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »
Congratulations! Shaving your head can be a life changing event that most people feel uneasy about....but don't let it get you down....You look much better now than in the linked photo...Give yourself (and others) a few days to adjust. Good luck, man.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 07:14:16 AM »
hey and congratz.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Free at Last

• Head up Eye to Eye
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »
 Welcome!

Yes indeed, you took the plunge.
I found that most people dont say too much.
Some will be shocked and may go speechless.
This I found is were the fun begins!!
You have the opportunity to say off the wall things.
" Yes my head is Amazing I know" or
just point at them and laugh...
" Its my new look...want to touch it?"

Stay committed and Read
Think only of Optimistic Views and you
will be absolutely Accepted!
The Truth Shall Set You Free

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »
Congrats !  Looks awesome !  Many of us went through various phases of premature MPB issues as we reach slydome.  You have an uphill attitude and confidence which is going uphill as well.  You have won the bald battle.  Keep us posted.

Accepted

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
haha thanks for the replies! I can see the fun side already and in a way i think in a few days i'll get pretty used to it..

just went to the supermarket and i think 70% of the guys I saw were bald.. no joke.. could be because it's almost the hottest day in Holland ever but a lot were mpb cases too :p

hope i grow into it. no choice really, time will tell.

Life begins now! :D

Accepted

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
@ free at last.. I just finished my Bachelor's a month ago (i'm 21) and starting my Master's in 2 weeks so it's only new people, except the 3/4 really close friends from my bachelor's who are also starting their Master's so in a way I think the timing is quite perfect too :)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
Huge improvement. It takes some time to adjust but you'll get used to it. Hang in there.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
The before picture was begging for you to shave your head.  The after picture is dynamite! 

After I shaved my head I really started noticing all the bald me t at the store and elsewhere.  You and I are I good company!  Bald men ROCK.  And if you are not already bald, there is always BBC.

Maybe we should coin a new phrase for those between BBN and BBC.  Those who are on the wah to being bald.

Welcome.  Your head looks just as weird as all of the rest of us I.e. just natural. 

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »
Congrats.

Accepted

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
haha thanks Mrzed! yeah it's starting to feel less and less weird now :P Someone should start a thread aiming to come up with the term for someone between BBN and BBC so everyone can give opinions.. then pick the top 5 or so and vote!

Offline barnabé

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
Greatings man. Well done. You won´t go back for sure.

B
Shave your problems off your head and keep on smilling

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Accepted ... you look just fine. Cast off any worries you have.

You joined SBG five months ago so I know you were moving towards Sly anyway.

It's hot here too (sub-tropical Central Florida) and today at work I was astounded by the number of bald guys. Not a one of them indicated any discomfort being bald, and the only staring I observed were looks of admiration from family, friends, and strangers. Ha!

Stick with sly. If you feel the need to worry, find something more worthy than your new (and improved) hairstyle.

Congrats on your recent graduation, and success to you on your new endeavor.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
Congrats, Accepted. Your sly dome looks perfectly normal and you'll get used to it really quickly. You are between BBN and BBC. Me too. I think pre-empting the inevitable and hiding the problem in plain sight is the best thing to do. Nothing worse than a combover or a balding guy in denial. Wear your dome with pride and keep it sly. O0 O0
Mike