Author Topic: Ok, why does it take so damn long?  (Read 6241 times)

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
Re: Ok, why does it take so damn long?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »
Use your HB Sport again and try doing it exactly like this

Other than that I don't really know what else to suggest. It could be your head shape I guess.

I appreciate the advice. I'm going to try do it at the sink again JUST like that tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:05 AM »
Are your blades dull? That would slow you down. Usually no more than 7 shaves per blade.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Like the others have said, practice and patience. Also, if your doing more than one pass, don't try to scrape every last bit off with each swipe of the razor. Rather, look at it as a reduction process, removing a little more each time.

You're saying to speed up my strokes and not worry if I miss a spot, get it on the 2nd pass?

Don't necessarily speed up, but, yes, you can get any missed spots on a second pass.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
Are your blades dull? That would slow you down. Usually no more than 7 shaves per blade.

Nah, I change them like every 3-4 days.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
Update:

I took Mark's advice and did it just like the HB spokesman at the sink...And the results? I managed to shave my head in only 8 minutes! Wow!

Now, I am a bit red on the head today but I'm sure that's cause my hair got a little thick and I have to get used to the HB again, but I think I'll be able to cut down my shaving time now to just about 10 minutes daily...perhaps less once I get used to it again.

Let's call this a Sly Reboot  O0

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:27:10 AM by BaldJJ »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »
Update:

I took Mark's advice and did it just like the HB spokesman at the sink...And the results? I managed to shave my head in only 8 minutes! Wow!

Now, I am a bit red on the head today but I'm sure that's cause my hair got a little thick and I have to get used to the HB again, but I think I'll be able to cut down my shaving time now to just about 10 minutes daily...perhaps less once I get used to it again.

Let's call this a Sly Reboot  O0

Way to go! Didn't want to lose you.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
how many passes are you doing? I do two followed by a cold water rinse to cool and shut down everything after shaving no need to try and get everything in one pass if you can go for it or catch it on the 2nd pass I takes me about 10 min maybe 15 or 20 if want to get my dome looking right or maybe have quick it if I am in a rush to go some where.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
Congrats mate

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
Glad to hear you were able to cut down your shaving time with the HB! I would have hated time constraints to be the only reason for you to give up being sly, when it sounds like you really like it (why else would you struggle with it for so long) I wish you many more quick shaves to come  O0

Offline baldbird

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »
Glad you could make the HB work for you.  I've been shaving my head since November and the first month or so was a lot of trial and error with various gadgets.  I finally stuck with the HB and can get my head done in about 8-10 minutes most days.  I've also learned to relax a little bit about making sure every square cm of  my head is über-slick.  Once I rinse with cold water and apply aloe gel all the little imperfections are not noticeable by myself or anyone else.  Once I got the hang of it, it's HB for me all the time.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
Update - Added a second pass and got a much cleaner shave with virtually no irritation and the good news is that it only took an extra four minutes! So today was 12 minutes... Not bad! Almost 8 hours later and still smooth with a little stubble on the sides.

Proud to be Sly!  O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 01:14:05 AM »

Proud to be Sly!  O0

That is what we love to hear, may you be happy and sly for years to come  O0 P@^

Offline quietstorm

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Die Hard Saints Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Update - Added a second pass and got a much cleaner shave with virtually no irritation and the good news is that it only took an extra four minutes! So today was 12 minutes... Not bad! Almost 8 hours later and still smooth with a little stubble on the sides.

Proud to be Sly!  O0

Cool deal.... Yeah it takes me awhile too, just cause of my prep routine so I usually do it when I get off of work cause I have to be to work so early in the morning.... Don't want to skip my prep routine just yet cause it is working for me, skipped a few steps before and it don't come out well.... But I'm still in training....

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
When I first started shaving it seemed to take forever but now it's done in just a few minutes.  I make sure I got it it all also as I don't like stubble.

Slynito

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
I'm sure you'll pick up speed with more experience...I really don't hurry because I want to do a good job. I take about five minutes with my Panny and a little longer with steel...good luck.

Enter your email address: