Author Topic: UK Section  (Read 2480 times)

Offline IK

• Sly Jr.
UK Section
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
I absolutely love this forum. It helped me a lot when I wanted to shave my head, but going forward I do find the site a little too US-centric when it comes to specific product discussions, amongst others.

Would there be scope for adding a UK section, as there's quite a few of us?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: UK Section
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »
I personally don't like the idea... no offense meant. One of the things that makes this Forum so great is that it is ALL inclusive. Any guy can come here as a man of any ethnic background, skin color, religious background, sexual preference, etc. from ANY country in the world and feel included and comfortable.

As soon as you start to give one group it's own section, there will be another and then another and then another..... and the entire "mojo" of the Forum will be ruined. One of the things I love about the Forum is that I get to talk to guys from all over the world from different backgrounds. I get to experience their take on things froma totally different perspective.

What if Waine had never spoken to the US guys? He might still be seeking out the fine DE razors that he now so loves. That's just one example.

I would suggest posting your questions about products , etc. in the open Forum and I guarantee that someone from the UK will chirp up with answers..... and everyone else will get to see the info too... you know... just in case.

Again...... no offense meant.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
I dont see the point really. Post in the products section but state that you would like help from uk users so they can help you with what your after. Plus all the best stuff is from the USA anyway lol

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »
You may want to update your profile to indicate your location as well. There's no way for anyone to know you are in the UK as it reads currently.

That, plus if you want some UK-specific info, just mention that in the post.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
Ditto on what MikeKoz13 has said.  Here at SBGs we enjoy the fellowship as ONE fraternity or brotherhood.  We are ONE.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
I agree with Warhawk, a fellowship, fraternity, all inclusive, we learn from each other...we are juan!

O0