Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899683 times)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #1140 on: January 06, 2014, 07:07:34 PM »
0mm, it looks great!   

greatnessinc, yours is cool too!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1141 on: January 06, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »
Wow, omm! That's one awesome beard.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #1142 on: January 06, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
You guys can grow great looking beards i have one myself at the moment its not the best beard there is some weak spots but i like it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:44:38 PM by DannyBoy »
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1143 on: January 07, 2014, 05:43:13 AM »
You guys can grow great looking beards i have one myself at the moment its not the best beard there is some weak spots but i like it.

Beards grow in differently on different guys. Yours looks good on you and you like it and that's really all that matters. I have attempted to grow a beard at different times in my life. My beard now looks different than it did when I attempted to grow it in my thirties.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1144 on: January 07, 2014, 07:16:48 AM »
So right Mike E.P., beards mature a different rates for different guys, and different rates in different areas on the same guy.  My beard is definitely different now at 52 than ten years ago.  At that time my cheeks would not fill in enough for a full beard.  Then there are the guys that have a thick full beard in their teens, I was always so jealous of them.  Kind of the reverse of MPB, for some it starts in their teens, some much later, and a few never at all.

DannyBoy, there is no guarantee that your weak spots will fill in, but it may still happen.  I dould definitely expect "some" improvement.
SlyBeard

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #1145 on: January 07, 2014, 08:10:01 AM »
Dont get me wrong im happy with my beard it could be stronger here and there but its not bad...in my pic it looks like i went for the goatee look but i actually have a stubbly beard lol it is the type of beard what takes ages to fill in i suppose...still weak areas but looks better and fuller the longer i leave it...i get a pic of it to show you maybe later i need to shave my head first lol.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:16:02 AM by DannyBoy »

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #1146 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:35 AM »
DannyBoy, I can relate to exactly what you are going through!  Being Asian, I'm already facially hair challenged to begin with. 

My beard now is definitely different form what it was even just two years ago!  It's still patchy in a few areas but not nearly as much as it was two years ago.  And it definitely is better than it was in my 30's (I'm 42).  I've worn a goatee for as long as I could remember, and the connectors on the sides took forever, like years, to finally grow in.  I never thought those would grow!  So it'll take time, but just keep at it and it'll get there.  As stated by Mike and Sly, beards grow differently on different people and in different stages on the same person.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #1147 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »
DannyBoy, I can relate to exactly what you are going through!  Being Asian, I'm already facially hair challenged to begin with. 

My beard now is definitely different form what it was even just two years ago!  It's still patchy in a few areas but not nearly as much as it was two years ago.  And it definitely is better than it was in my 30's (I'm 42).  I've worn a goatee for as long as I could remember, and the connectors on the sides took forever, like years, to finally grow in.  I never thought those would grow!  So it'll take time, but just keep at it and it'll get there.  As stated by Mike and Sly, beards grow differently on different people and in different stages on the same person.

My beard will eventually (i hope) grow in for many years since my teens i been watching it grow in...it wasnt until 20/21 when the mustache finally joined with my chin hair i was very happy when i saw it starting to happen lol.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #1148 on: January 07, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
it wasnt until 20/21 when the mustache finally joined with my chin hair i was very happy when i saw it starting to happen lol.

20/21...man I wish mine did that at that age!  It's wasn't until I was well into my 30's before the mustache met with the chin hair and even then, it wasn't as thick as it is now.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #1149 on: January 07, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
it wasnt until 20/21 when the mustache finally joined with my chin hair i was very happy when i saw it starting to happen lol.

20/21...man I wish mine did that at that age!  It's wasn't until I was well into my 30's before the mustache met with the chin hair and even then, it wasn't as thick as it is now.

Yeah its annoying waiting for it to come through but at least i have a good enough beard for now.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #1150 on: January 07, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »
Yeah its annoying waiting for it to come through but at least i have a good enough beard for now.
Yes it is!  All we can rely on is time and patience!

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #1151 on: January 07, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »
Patients Danny boy patients.
30 day rule for head shaves, opposite philosophy for beard growing.

0mm, it looks great!   

greatnessinc, yours is cool too!
Thanks. I'm still experimenting with mine to see which style I like best, as an added bonus it makes my total shaving time about 6+ minutes shorter.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline matt548

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1152 on: January 08, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
check out my new pic...I was goofing around on New Years Eve with a cowboy hat but my beard came out perfect that night lol - I look like an actual country singer

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #1153 on: January 08, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
This is me now. Head is shaved smooth again. Beard is still growing.

Wow!! Looking great!! Awesome beard, perfect with smooth bald head!!  O0 O0 O0

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #1154 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »
Looks great Matt!  Now sing us a song!   ;)