Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899938 times)

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #1005 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
Tomorrow makes three weeks for the beard.  Tonight my wife asks, "So when is that coming off?" ;)

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7171/1fj3.jpg

Looks good man. My wife used to say the same thing. Now she just says when are going to trim that mess. I call it progress.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1006 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »
Tomorrow makes three weeks for the beard.  Tonight my wife asks, "So when is that coming off?" ;)

Looks good man. My wife used to say the same thing. Now she just says when are going to trim that mess. I call it progress.

Yes -- see, that is what you have to do. Let it get really out of control and then she'll be happy when you trim it to look exactly like it is now.   :D

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1007 on: November 01, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Tomorrow makes three weeks for the beard.  Tonight my wife asks, "So when is that coming off?" ;)

Why doesn't she like it? You said you had a goatee previously -- I assume she was OK with that? At any rate, I think it looks great.

What do you think of it?
I think she just likes to ride me! She likes me clean shaven, but she is okay with the goatee because I kept it very close cropped. I would trim it short every week.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's starting to come in white in the front, which I think looks good. It's itching me like crazy, but I feel I should give it a couple more weeks before I decide what I want.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1008 on: November 01, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »

It's itching me like crazy, but I feel I should give it a couple more weeks before I decide what I want.

Exactly -- give it a few more weeks.  And try a few drops of jojoba oil to help with the itching.

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1009 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »
I started growing a beard every winter about 10 years ago and I remember it itching like crazy the first couple of times. I may just be weird but I don't even notice a itch anymore. Has anyone else had this experience or is it just me?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1010 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
I started growing a beard every winter about 10 years ago and I remember it itching like crazy the first couple of times. I may just be weird but I don't even notice a itch anymore. Has anyone else had this experience or is it just me?

I don't get that itchy, either. The only itching I get is when it gets past its usual length but it's not that bad.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1011 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:48 PM »
Mike E.P. - its looking very good - I would love to have that density.  My wife, like many others here, took some time to adjust, but now she likes it.  It think she may be afraid that if she pushes, I may make another drastic change, which might be true.  O0  Try to give it some more time before you judge it.

I only had itching a couple of times and only for a short duration.  My guess is it is just your skin adjusting to the feel of having hair on it.  Once it adjusts, its over.  My first facial hair was so light, there was no difference, and no itch.  Couldn't really see it either.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:44:57 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1012 on: November 02, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »
I went to the barbershop first thing this morning for some much-need pruning. Got the neckline cleaned up and the goatee blended into the new growth to the extent possible at this stage (Day 11).

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1013 on: November 02, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »
That is is looking great.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1014 on: November 02, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1015 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »
It's coming in nicely, Razor! Makes you look a bit more distinguished, IMO.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #1016 on: November 02, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
@Mike-  It is looking great!  Don't give in.... she will come around.

@Razor-The barber did a good job trimming the goatee and allowing it to match up with the beard (without taking too much off the goatee). 

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #1017 on: November 03, 2013, 04:15:42 AM »
I went to the barbershop first thing this morning for some much-need pruning. Got the neckline cleaned up and the goatee blended into the new growth to the extent possible at this stage (Day 11).

Your barber did good work. You have some way to go though.  ;)

My latest profile pic shows my beard as of this morning. Going to the barber, too, later next week. Been nearly two months since the last trim.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1018 on: November 03, 2013, 05:22:54 AM »

Your barber did good work. You have some way to go though.  ;)

Yes, it will be some time before I catch up with you! That's a lot of length you've added!  :)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #1019 on: November 03, 2013, 06:16:13 AM »
Yes, it will be some time before I catch up with you! That's a lot of length you've added!  :)

Reckon the goatee is about 3 inches now. The barber will be given strict instructions next week. I do trust him with my beard, though.

Enter your email address: