Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899839 times)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #990 on: October 30, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »

I was shaving daily by my senior year.  I never tried to grow my beard out at that time so I don't know what it would have looked like.

I should have shaved daily in High School, but let it go sometimes to irritate my girlfriend at the time..lol.  I wasn't good about getting haircuts very often either back then too.  The thought of actually growing a beard did not occur to me for years, and all through college and after, I worked for a company that had a strict policy against beards.  

Razor, that beard is looking good.  I like that you didn't trim the goatee down to match it.  At this point, it is blending well and looks like a keeper. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:46:39 PM by slymyke »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #991 on: October 30, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
Today's update:

Getting a bit gray!!  Pretty soon you'll be a graybeard ... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Graybeard
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #992 on: October 30, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
You say that like it is a bad thing, wpruitt!  ;D
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
Nah ... just rubbing in his age !!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
Looks good, Razor! On a side note, I struggled mightily to grow a mustache-let alone a goatee/beard-until I was about 26 or 27.
I went to a Catholic high school. The dean of discipline would troll through the cafeteria looking for boys who were growing any facial hair. I was in detention a lot so started shaving about once a week as a sophomore. I was able to grow a beard, but not a mustache. It wasn't till many years late that I could pull off a goatee. Even today, my beard comes in pretty heavy and my mustache, not as good.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #995 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »

Nah ... just rubbing in his age !!

:x! :x! :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #996 on: October 30, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »

Razor, that beard is looking good.  I like that you didn't trim the goatee down to match it.  At this point, it is blending well and looks like a keeper. 

It looks good from the front but at some point I will need to trim the goatee back a bit so everything can be blended together.  I don't want to take off too much because I kind of like the extra length on the chin. But it does grow quickly so at least it won't take too long to get back any lost length.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »
Razor, as fast as it is coming in, don't trim the goat.  I started that way and in a few weeks you will not be able to tell the difference.  You will be disappointed if you trim.  It is looking sharp, and I like the red in beard, even if with some gray.
SlyBeard

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
Razor, The beard is looking great. Hang in there. I look forward to seeing what it looks like in a couple of months.

Your van dyke looks awesome. It is nice and thick. I like the red and the grey. It looks very natural and dignified. If you keep the beard for awhile do you think that you will keep it groomed? I like the groomed look myself.

I grew my first beard when I was in College. I let it go 3 plus months and off it came on Christmas eve. I did not know anything about grooming back then. I started growing my van dyke a few years ago after I first shaved the dome. I have kept it groomed since then and I like the style on me. I have not tried a full beard again but I am thinking about it.

O0 O0 O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »

Your van dyke looks awesome. It is nice and thick. I like the red and the grey. It looks very natural and dignified. If you keep the beard for awhile do you think that you will keep it groomed? I like the groomed look myself.

Absolutely.  I'm not interested in the Duck Dynasty look.   ;)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

Getting a bit gray!!  Pretty soon you'll be a graybeard ... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Graybeard

You better not be talking about definition #2!!   :x! :x! :Xo! :Xo!    ;D

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1001 on: October 30, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »
I don't mind long beards but I would have to agree Duck Dynasty might be extreme. I saw one of the guys beard part in a strong wind it actually went over both shoulders. I love that show but I think I would be divorced if I tried it. Lol

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #1002 on: November 01, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
Tomorrow makes three weeks for the beard.  Tonight my wife asks, "So when is that coming off?" ;)

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7171/1fj3.jpg
Bronx bald and bred!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #1003 on: November 01, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
It looks good, if you like it keep, if not get rid! I like!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1004 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:16 PM »
Tomorrow makes three weeks for the beard.  Tonight my wife asks, "So when is that coming off?" ;)

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7171/1fj3.jpg

Why doesn't she like it? You said you had a goatee previously -- I assume she was OK with that? At any rate, I think it looks great.

What do you think of it?

Enter your email address: