Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900215 times)

isleepinthebuff

Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #975 on: October 29, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
Mike, I like your beard, it's around the length mine is. I don't like my beard any longerand I tend to feel scruffy if it does get longer. I've trimmed mine at the sides as I was contemplating a goatee
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:25:20 PM by Slyest »

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #976 on: October 29, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
Nate, I sent you a PM with some suggestions on mustache wax.

I was on a college campus over the weekend for Homecoming and the game.  I experienced more complements, comments, and positive gestures than I could count.  Seems all the college guys either have facial hair if so blessed, or they are eagerly waiting until that can grow facial hair. 

I was visiting my son at school this weekend. I did see a lot of facial hair. He would love a beard, but at nineteen, he doesn't need to shave very often! While my wife is not crazy about my new growth, he is envious!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #977 on: October 29, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »

Keep it going!  You should let it go for another month or so... or year  ;D

If I wait a year it will probably be long enough and white enough for me to play Santa for Christmas 2014.  ;)

I can give you Santa lessons if you need some!   >:D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #978 on: October 30, 2013, 04:00:26 AM »

Keep it going!  You should let it go for another month or so... or year  ;D

If I wait a year it will probably be long enough and white enough for me to play Santa for Christmas 2014.  ;)

I can give you Santa lessons if you need some!   >:D

Check back with me in 9 or 10 months.   :D

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #979 on: October 30, 2013, 05:48:22 AM »
They say as we age our eyes are drawn closer and closer together. I myself have never seen actual proof of that. :D

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #980 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
Seems all the college guys either have facial hair if so blessed, or they are eagerly waiting until that can grow facial hair. 

I grew my first beard my first semester of college. I thought it would mean no shaving at all. 

I looked really scraggly for a few months. I also found out how little mustache I had developed at that point.

Thankfully, there are very few pictures still in existence of me at that period.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #981 on: October 30, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
Seems all the college guys either have facial hair if so blessed, or they are eagerly waiting until that can grow facial hair.  

I grew my first beard my first semester of college. I thought it would mean no shaving at all.  

I looked really scraggly for a few months. I also found out how little mustache I had developed at that point.

Thankfully, there are very few pictures still in existence of me at that period.

Yeah, I live near a University and there are a lot of college-aged guys with full beards... some of them pretty impressive.  Maybe they had a lot of chicken nuggets as kids.??  #hormones #MickeyD's.
--sorry, talking  about college kids made me think of the whole hash-tag thing... :*))

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:40:38 AM by slymyke »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #982 on: October 30, 2013, 06:57:31 AM »
I could get by with a weekly shave in college.  Not much more than fuzz.  I was in my mid 20's before a could grow a mustache that looked like a mustache.  I only knew of a couple of guys that could grow a decent beard by the end of High School.  I grew up in a rural area and the common diet was a lot of fresh vegetable and meats.  Fast food did not exist.  We did not know what hormones were - so maybe you are on to something slymyke.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #983 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »
There was one big hairy kid in my high school freshman class who was able to grow a fairly decent beard when everyone else had two or three chin whiskers that needed to be mowed down once a month. He liked to lord it over everyone else.

I was shaving daily by my senior year.  I never tried to grow my beard out at that time so I don't know what it would have looked like. My guess is not great.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #984 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
I had a good amount of chin hair starting around age 15 or so. Tended to have more facial hair than the average dude my age, but nothing of legends. Full beard became possible about 10 years later. It seems I continue to get more and more coverage and better growth as I age, which is apparently the norm for most.
I think I've only shaved my face clean 3 or 4 times since I've been old enough to grow hair on it. I can't stand my clean face (LOL), and feel much more myself, and more manly altogether, when I have something on it.

On that note, I'm also here to update my beard pic/status. 6 months growth now, and no end in sight!  ;)

My goodness, Natedawg, that beard is epic.  O0

I don't know if I'd give it quite that status, but I do appreciate the compliment, my friend!  :)

Man, razor. That avatar is TRIPPY!  O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #985 on: October 30, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
Razor, the beard is looking good so far. You look great with a van Dyke also. I think you look great either way.

Mike S.P. Hang in there. Looks good so far.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #986 on: October 30, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Today's update:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:24:54 PM by Razor X »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #987 on: October 30, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »
That's looking real good.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #988 on: October 30, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #989 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »
Looks good, Razor! On a side note, I struggled mightily to grow a mustache-let alone a goatee/beard-until I was about 26 or 27. (my first goatee was actually grown at 31) Ironically, when the facial hair started growing, the hairline started receding. Hmmmm.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.