Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900198 times)

Offline bud

• Sly
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #915 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:10 PM »
agree O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #916 on: October 19, 2013, 02:58:10 AM »
That's a marvelous beard Country. Sly or not you you are always welcome here :D

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #917 on: October 19, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
Thanks Beardman. I have thought about letting mine get long like yours, but I always end up trimming it back. It would be cool to look like one of the Duck Dynasty guys. Except Si he's funny as h*ll but I couldn't handle the pony tail.

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #918 on: October 19, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
Thanks guys. I just got a new response tonight. I walk into a gas station and the guy behind the counter asked me if I played for the redsox. I guess it's the buzzcut with a beard. Anyway I took it as a compliment.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #919 on: October 19, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
Fear the beard!    O0

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #920 on: October 20, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »
I was rushing to get ready to go out last weekend and took a big chunk out of my goatee. It had to come off. I'm not a big fan of my being completely shaven, so immediately began regrowing. I've been inspired by this thread so I think I may attempt the full beard. I've tried it before but have gotten discouraged quickly. My beard grows in very heavy and dark on the bottom, but comes in patchy on the cheeks. And the itching drives me crazy. I've been reading that the patchiness fills in and to give it three months, which I've never done before. This may be the start of something new for me.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Country

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #921 on: October 20, 2013, 08:42:45 PM »
Mike I think a beard will suit you well. It is true it takes some time for it to fill in. My brother tries to grow a full beard every winter but always shaves it off before the 1st month. I tell him to let it go but he's stubborn. Just try not to trim to soon.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #922 on: October 20, 2013, 08:51:04 PM »
I was rushing to get ready to go out last weekend and took a big chunk out of my goatee. It had to come off. I'm not a big fan of my being completely shaven, so immediately began regrowing. I've been inspired by this thread so I think I may attempt the full beard. I've tried it before but have gotten discouraged quickly. My beard grows in very heavy and dark on the bottom, but comes in patchy on the cheeks. And the itching drives me crazy. I've been reading that the patchiness fills in and to give it three months, which I've never done before. This may be the start of something new for me.

You might as well try the full beard if you're regrouping everything anyway. You can always revert back to the goatee if you don't like the result.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #923 on: October 21, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
General beard update. About 6 week since the last trim. Plan to go another few more weeks yet.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
@ Mike E.P.  -  Go for it... or maybe that should read GROW for it O0

@Mr. Jules -looking good!    (For some reason when I click on that pic, it turns sideways.   haha)   

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #925 on: October 21, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »
@ Mike E.P.  -  Go for it... or maybe that should read GROW for it O0

@Mr. Jules -looking good!    (For some reason when I click on that pic, it turns sideways.   haha)   

Thanks Slymyke. Really like the feel of the beard hanging off my chin and catching on the collar of my shirt !

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
Up to 1 1/4"  now, which is nothing compared to what some of you have, but it's new territory for me.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »
Looking great, Razor!    O0

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
Mr. Jules, looking good and yes it is a nice feeling when it starts catching the shirt collar and you can feel the breeze on it.  Thus the habit of beard rubbing/stroking may develop.  Kind of the reverse of the smooth dome feeling.

Razor, the beard looks great.  The little extra length makes it have a much fuller look, and yours was dense to start with.

Mike EP, my cheeks also take some time to fill in.  Don't give up too soon.  The itching is over for most guys by 3 to 4 weeks, unfortunately not before most will give-up and shave it off.  I have very little itching when starting a beard, usually only 2 to 3 days.  Perseverance will be rewarded.
SlyBeard

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #929 on: October 24, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »

Mike EP, my cheeks also take some time to fill in.  Don't give up too soon.  The itching is over for most guys by 3 to 4 weeks, unfortunately not before most will give-up and shave it off.  I have very little itching when starting a beard, usually only 2 to 3 days.  Perseverance will be rewarded.

Sly beard, when I had a head of hair it was blond. When I look in the mirror now, it's startling because the beard looks almost black. Not sure how I feel about this, but it's bugging my wife, so I'm probably going to keep it for a while!
Bronx bald and bred!