Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900346 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #690 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:52 AM »
Looks great, Nate! And happy birthday to the little one!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #691 on: March 13, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
Thank you for the kind words, my sly brothers. They are very much appreciated!  O0

Looks like the little fella had an awesome first birthday with your awesome bears  O0

SHHHH!!! I can't have PETA knowing!! 5t*mp
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »
Great looking beard and dome Nate .A belated Happy 1st Birthday to your little boy. He is a keeper for sure. Enjoy these days when he is young. It won't last long.

Did he get birthday cake all over his face?  My daughter made sure that our son had a face full on his 1st birthday. What great memories! They are now 28 and 22 years old, respectively.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #693 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
Looking good, Nate. So is that coconut oil you used a "hair" product or the same coconut used for cooking?
SlyBeard

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
Mr. Jules,

The website says "Do something funny on the 15th for Red Nose Day"...... just tell them you don't think shaving your beard would be very funny... why don't they shave off their eyebrows...now that would be funny, and they could all join in.   (just take a sick day that day... and you can laugh at them on the 16th)!

Today (15 March) in the UK, it's Red Nose Day. Resisted much pressure from colleagues to shave my beard. As a concession, I've offered to cut one whisker or shave my head.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
Mr. Jules,

The website says "Do something funny on the 15th for Red Nose Day"...... just tell them you don't think shaving your beard would be very funny... why don't they shave off their eyebrows...now that would be funny, and they could all join in.   (just take a sick day that day... and you can laugh at them on the 16th)!

Today (15 March) in the UK, it's Red Nose Day. Resisted much pressure from colleagues to shave my beard. As a concession, I've offered to cut one whisker or shave my head.

Just do what I tell the others: it's against my religion. Lol. It only works though if no actual religion does such a thing.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #696 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:41 AM »
Think the barber has gone the hang of trimming the beard. Just cleaning up around the edges and keeping the length on the chin.

Updated profile picture was taken this morning after the UK Red Nose Day. So the beard and balded has survived.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #697 on: March 16, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Think the barber has gone the hang of trimming the beard. Just cleaning up around the edges and keeping the length on the chin.

Updated profile picture was taken this morning after the UK Red Nose Day. So the beard and balded has survived.

Looks perfect.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #698 on: March 16, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »

Looks perfect.

Agreed O0

Offline baldbearded

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #699 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »
The big beards are looking awesome!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #700 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
Great picture Mr. Jules. Dome and beard look great.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #701 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Great picture Mr. Jules. Dome and beard look great.

Thank you. I'm enjoying the feel of the bigger beard.

Offline Cropduster84

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald...by choice
« Reply #702 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
Thank you. I'm enjoying the feel of the bigger beard.

The beard is looking awesome.

I'm wanting to grow mine out. It's still a little thin and wispy in places on the cheeks.

Do you think a barber would be able to trim better than an electric beard trimmer?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #703 on: March 20, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

[/quote]

Do you think a barber would be able to trim better than an electric beard trimmer?
[/quote]

It depends....If you are looking to define the shape of your beard, a barber might be your best option, but if you're just talking about loose hairs, an EBT might be okay. It usually takes six months on average for a full beard to develop but it may vary on different people.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #704 on: March 20, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
Been a while since I've posted here,life has been crazy with finishing my last semester of dental school.As you can see from my profile pic im still rocking the bald head.Been consistantly a bald man 3 years now which blows my mind.I remember hating the days of hair loss and worrying how i looked bald,now bald is just a natural part of who i'am and i love it.The lazy days i skip shaving I feel more self concious with hair growing (well my mpb fringe anyways) then i do bald.Absolutely love everything about being bald now!Im starting to sport a shaggier beard no and wondering what you guys think?Id really like to grow to three months but could use a little feedback on what you guys think I should do.My profile pic is about 5 weeks growth