Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 899795 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
You call that brushed and trimmed nicely !  Nice treatment of a epic beard, well kept, and well taken care of.   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
Today is my sister's (well actually first cousin, but since her parents essentially raised me due to my wayward parents we treat each other as brother and sister) wedding. So, to avoid attracting attention to myself and away from the bride and the groom I shaved it down to this shown below this morning. I actually had a nice beard going, but I like this better for the moment.

looks great, I think I like it better than the beard on your last avatar

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »
Here is my updated beard status!  I am thinking that I may let it go longer than the 6 month length that I am currently at! 

wow 6 months from no beard to this phenomenal beard?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »
Hey Rob6, looks like you have a great start.  I would suggest you keep trimming and shaping minimal until 3 months.  It takes that long to really see the coverage you will have.  Too many people make the mistake of trimming and shaping too early, become dissatisfied, and shave it off without ever actually seeing their potential.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
Marsh, do you have it brushed out just to show us or is that the way you prefer to wear your beard?  In any event,  you're moving into epic territory.

I was wondering the same thing.  Impressive progress.   O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »
Marsh, do you have it brushed out just to show us or is that the way you prefer to wear your beard?  In any event,  you're moving into epic territory.

I was wondering the same thing.  Impressive progress.   O0

It is brushed out for the dramatic effect.  I kind of like the Andrew Weil look.  But normally, I do just comb it in a downward direction.  But once in awhile I have worn it brushed out. 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #636 on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »
I always love your beard updates Marsh! the brushed out look certainly draws the attention!

I was out last night and got into a good little conversation with a what I would call, mid-length van dyke. He was the bassist for the opening band, and was even rocking the sly look. I don't know about you other guys out there, but a lot of my conversations with new people seem to be instigated by a conversation about my beard, or beards in general.

Today is my 4 month anniversary since changing from my epic van dyke to the full beard. So here are some snaps:

I have recently been considering a bit chop off the bottom of my goat (probably a good couple of centimetres) so that the ends don't look so wispy, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it haha. Especially seeing I haven't really found my "too long" point yet.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #637 on: February 23, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
Looking good, Beardman.  O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #638 on: February 23, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »
Looking good, Beardman.  O0

Cheers Razor!

NO absolutely not!  Consider working on a tie up.  You just can't chop it, cm or inches.  Ya hear me!

I hear ya! It's just something I was considering, but something I don't think at the moment I could follow through with.

I don't really need to worry about trying the tie up method at the moment, my boss still seems content with it as it is, if he starts fussing then I will start tying it up. But as I said to him last time when he asked if I ever got it caught in things at work, "I am monitoring the situation, and it is fine for the time being" haha.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2013, 05:57:18 AM »
Rob6, Marsh, Beardman......looking great, guys; Keep it up! @Markus-Thanks, man! Part of the reason I cut it down is after the military ball in April (if I go) is I want to grow a wider beard and the barber said to go ahead and start over. I'm not too worried, because my facial hair grows real fast (too bad the same can't be said of my scalp hair ;D)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2013, 06:20:58 AM »
Beardman,  Great new pics... thanks for posting the update.   Looks like you are getting that noggin tanned up too. 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »
Thanks Harry!

Beardman,  Great new pics... thanks for posting the update.   Looks like you are getting that noggin tanned up too. 

Thanks Myke, working outdoors in the Aussie summer sun tends to do that  O0 I always try to let it get some morning sun then cover up again before it starts getting too hot.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #642 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »
I always love your beard updates Marsh! the brushed out look certainly draws the attention!

I was out last night and got into a good little conversation with a what I would call, mid-length van dyke. He was the bassist for the opening band, and was even rocking the sly look. I don't know about you other guys out there, but a lot of my conversations with new people seem to be instigated by a conversation about my beard, or beards in general.

The same thing happens to me too.  They are like magnets!  Have you had strangers take your picture yet?  Are you sick of the "I had a beard but when my girlfriend/wife/employer ordered me to shave I handed them my testicles and obeyed?" comments from other guys?  I swear every time I go out with my beard loose I get at least one stranger coming up with a variation of that story.

I have recently been considering a bit chop off the bottom of my goat (probably a good couple of centimetres) so that the ends don't look so wispy, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it haha. Especially seeing I haven't really found my "too long" point yet.

I've been debating that for months too.  We could easily cut off a few without really losing much length and it would get rid of the wispy-ness at the ends, but I don't want to lose any length because I want to see how long it will get.  Also, since most of my ends are cut off ends I know that I am not near terminal length yet.  If you cut them off then you basically lose that guide as they will all be cut off.  I'm also afraid that if I allow myself to trim off the ends then that will make it easier for me to cut the entire thing off.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #643 on: February 26, 2013, 10:35:56 AM »
NO absolutely not!  Consider working on a tie up.  You just can't chop it, cm or inches.  Ya hear me!

It's not really the length that's the issue its that the length gets wispy and is even a little bit of a pain to control even when tied up.  Basically when you allow a region of hair to grow uncut you have some that grow a lot faster than the others and they make the length wispy.  If you cut off the tips you basically allow the bulk of the hair mass to catch up so that results in a more-consistent end.  Of course the downside to this is that the total length remains shorter until enough slow pokes catch up, and that's the reason I haven't done it yet.  I keep debating it, but I think I'm going to stay hands-off on the length.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #644 on: February 26, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Last night I buzzed it all down with a #2 guard!     

Enter your email address: