Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900497 times)

Offline imaginary

• Sly
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #600 on: February 17, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
Ditto.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #601 on: February 17, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
The highjacking post has been deleted--this post has been modified in response to that deletion.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:50:03 PM by saintc »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #602 on: February 17, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
been growing mine out for a few days, what do you fella's think? leave it to grow to it's full potential, lol, or back to the goatee?
Give it a go I reckon it would look good!
Lynchy

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #603 on: February 18, 2013, 05:10:02 AM »
Wow, Saintc.... I'm not sure if you are joking or not.  I don't think mrzed is that out of line.   I think Beardman's thread has been growing (almost as fast as his beard)...  not just with pics of beards, but discussion about them.  mrzed's recent comments were in response to Mr. Jules being challenged to shave his beard off... and NateDawg mentioned that when you shave off your beard, it sometimes doesn't grow back the same way.     mrzed was saying he only shaved his off once, when he had to.  Not all beards are epic, but the guys on here always seem to encourage each other.....even when some off them are sporting peach fuzz in the efforts to grow a beard. 

It's all good. 

+1 ... I also wasn't sure how to take Saintc's post.

At the risk of a "thread hijack lambast"  ... great new avatar SlyMyke.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #604 on: February 18, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
Sorry saintc, gotta disagree. I think stories regarding beards are not off-topic for this thread. It's all about the beards.

Now if I went off and started posting about that time that I got into trouble juggling coconuts in the grocery store...

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #605 on: February 18, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
 Did the beard over a year ago and now have started to let it grow more  - -and I am enjoying it 

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #606 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »

... great new avatar SlyMyke.

Thanks, FG. 

Hey, Slybear... you will have to post your coconut story somewhere... you have my curiosity up now..lol.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:03:36 PM by slymyke »

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #607 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »
Mr. Jules,

The website says "Do something funny on the 15th for Red Nose Day"...... just tell them you don't think shaving your beard would be very funny... why don't they shave off their eyebrows...now that would be funny, and they could all join in.   (just take a sick day that day... and you can laugh at them on the 16th)!

I agree with you, Slymyke. Shaved eyebrows would make me laugh !

Great new profile pic !

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #608 on: February 18, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

Great new profile pic !

Thanks, Mr. Jules.  I want to get more length on the chin.... I just keep scissor-trimming, so it stays about the same.  Your beard is a nice length.  The avatar pic was from two weeks ago, so it is a little more grown out than that now. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:03:37 PM by slymyke »

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #609 on: February 18, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »
Sorry saintc, gotta disagree. I think stories regarding beards are not off-topic for this thread. It's all about the beards.

Now if I went off and started posting about that time that I got into trouble juggling coconuts in the grocery store...

Ditto.

If anyone wants hijacking, here's a picture of a herd of beautiful, wild ponies running free across the plain.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #610 on: February 18, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »

If anyone wants hijacking, here's a picture of a herd of beautiful, wild ponies running free across the plain.

Actually we don't want hijacking.  So let's get back on topic.  Feel free to start another thread about ponies if you want to.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »

Actually we don't want hijacking.  So let's get back on topic.  Feel free to start another thread about ponies if you want to.

No need to worry. I was being silly, and out to show the difference between the two.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #612 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »

No need to worry. I was being silly, and out to show the difference between the two.
;) imaginary, fergetaboutit , we know what you meant  ;) O0 8) again  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #613 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:42 AM »
Late to the party, there has been so many awesome new beard pics, and I'm spewing I am only just seeing them now!

@Slymyke, I'm totally a rebel haha. The way I see it is, she, like most of my family members, have only recently started reappearing in my life after at least 8-9 years of my life, so they have no say in what I do and don't do with my beard... or anything really lol. That, and this beard is my most proudest feature at the moment, so I don't foresee it going anywhere.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #614 on: February 19, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
Hey guys, been a member here for some time, just not a poster.  I have been working on the beard for about a year, keeping it about the length shown in avatar (been sly about 18 months).  Have been toying with the idea of letting it go a little longer, but somewhat concerned with my employer's reaction.  There is no "written" policy, but we are expected to be presentable. 
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: