Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900330 times)

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »

Actually have done it, and am doing it pretty much all the time now--sort of a modification--I've got a picture--I'll have to work on getting it up.  People do think I've trimmed the beard though--even the wife--but when she found out it was tied, just three little words, no not "I love you", but "Keep it tied!" ;D

Cool...can't wait to see results!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #556 on: February 03, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
It's a good thing I'm growing this out to keep my face warm during these frigid Central Texas winter days!

(It hit 83ºF today.)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »

Actually have done it, and am doing it pretty much all the time now--sort of a modification--I've got a picture--I'll have to work on getting it up.  People do think I've trimmed the beard though--even the wife--but when she found out it was tied, just three little words, no not "I love you", but "Keep it tied!" ;D

Cool...can't wait to see results!

Me too.

I have no doubt that what she said!  :*))

Lol Bear, your chin warmer seems a bit redundant! But it still looks good, and that's all that matters haha!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #558 on: February 04, 2013, 07:21:31 AM »
Not the best camera work and I do need some more length on the sides to make it really neat but here it is! Right now I'm using some hairspray to control the sides.  

And this is a picture--from my AB card-- of my Mountain Man when I had hair & it wasn't gray--about 23 years old. 

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:24:14 AM by saintc »

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
And this is a picture--from my AB card-- of my Mountain Man when I had hair & it wasn't gray--about 23 years old. 

wow, with 23 years you had a beard like that?

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
saint c looking good  O0  greatnessinc  I like that are you going to let it grow out abit more ?
I'm going for minimal maintenance (to reduce my shaving time). I prefer to keep my goatee neat and clean. I find though that after a while it starts to irritate me and I end up shaving it off.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #561 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »
Some great beards SlyBear very cool  O0  it sure has grown.   saintc , isn't it funny how color changes in a few years my first beard was dark, but I never had as much hair on my head in my whole life , you somewhat look like Serpico, Al Pachnio . 

greatnessinc , mine is coming out slow but sure.  I am going to keep mine at a med length.  At least that is my thought at this time LOL.  Day at a time. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »

wow, with 23 years you had a beard like that?
But don't forget, as time marches on it usually means you will also develop the "ability" to grow enough hair on your ears and eyebrows for a fairly "respectible" combover.  ;D 

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »
It's a good thing I'm growing this out to keep my face warm during these frigid Central Texas winter days!

(It hit 83ºF today.)

I wouldn't want to picture you in New York. One time, I thought the weather app on my phone was guessing my shoe size.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #564 on: February 04, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
saint c looking good  O0  greatnessinc  I like that are you going to let it grow out abit more ?
I'm going for minimal maintenance (to reduce my shaving time). I prefer to keep my goatee neat and clean. I find though that after a while it starts to irritate me and I end up shaving it off.

That open chin style looks like it would be fairly high maintenance.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
I wouldn't want to picture you in New York. One time, I thought the weather app on my phone was guessing my shoe size.

I'm originally from New England, so I know all about that.  8) To be honest, I don't mind the cold at all. I actually really like it when it gets cool here. But that never lasts for long.

What drove me south is the snow.  I don't ever think I could move back to the snow belt.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
Very impressive Sly Bear.

I've just trimmed my beard short as we have had a run of hot weather (over 95F) and it got annoying.
Roger

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #567 on: February 04, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »
What drove me south is the snow.  I don't ever think I could move back to the snow belt.

Ditto. I loved it as a kid, until I had to shovel it, and walk outside in the early morning in areas that haven't been handled in days.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #568 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
Very impressive Sly Bear.

I've just trimmed my beard short as we have had a run of hot weather (over 95F) and it got annoying.

I'm a little jealous of the heat wave you guys had over the border the other week. Although I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the full, ~2 weeks.

I kind of like your beard greatness, I don't think I'd be able to maintain something so short though haha.

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:30 AM »
that's all the "beard" I can grow now

I always trim it otherwise it would look fuzzy or kinky (please excuse my english)

I really would like to have a full beard once