Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900228 times)

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2012, 04:56:30 AM »
Your beard does look good trimmed, I think mine needs the extra growth to fill out properly.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2012, 06:04:02 AM »
Your beards look great - I have grown my goatee thicker for the winter and must confess it was way too gray so helped it a bit with some color- I will post a new pic soon. Working on a week of full beard to see how it goes too

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Wolfshead Beard Dye is a product I like because it is natural.  I found out a couple years ago that I am very allergic to the Just For Men Beard Dye... which doesn't seem to be uncommon...even in guys who use it successfully for years (they can suddenly develop an allergy to it).    http://www.beardye.com/  This is a very simple product that is easy to apply with a brush.  My hair is black, so I ordered the dark brown (to avoid the "Sharpie look").  You brush the product in (no activators or two-step process).  You can brush in as much or little as you want, to make it look natural.  The only thing is that it is temporary, and doesn't last very long (one day or so).. but that suites me well.  I don't use it all the time anyway.  

Here is a more updated pic of my beard.  I should have put the dye in it before the pic... oh, well!  

I imagine if your beard was very long, it may be more necessary to use a more permanent product if you can.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:01:14 PM by slymyke »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
Myke, that's a cracking beard you have. Looks really good.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »
 O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline sleekunique

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »

Well fellas theres some cracking facial hair!! Heres my ten pence worth.

OK so its a movember leftover but I loved it so this is how I am at the moment.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #366 on: December 30, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Sleek, that's awesome. I have tried to shape my beard often but I end up looking stupid or it goes wonky! I jsut stick with the full beard but that's awesome

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
Go bush for a few days and all these new beards crop up! They all look awesome guys, keep up the good work!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »
You'll also find that when you first rinse out the gel, your color doesn't look much different, but the color will take hold in about 20 minutes' time, so be careful not to overdo it.

I *did* notice that and thought I was just imagining things.  I always imagined this stuff would work like a stain that would be applied to wood, but this compound is lighter than the final result and obviously seems to keep working after you think it has been washed from the hair. I hope the reaction that's going on doesn't damage the hair, but JFM is not supposed to have ammonia which is supposedly harsh on hair.

I'm still planning to reapply this weekend.  I missed some gray on the lower corner of one side since I didn't pay as much attention to the cheeks, and some of the grays in the front are pale brown.  Technically, I accomplished exactly what I wanted but this is a new toy and therefore I just push it beyond its limits, regret what I did, and then carry on with more restraint in the future.  It's just my way.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2013, 12:45:56 AM »
Afterall, if we don't push the limits how far do we know we can go.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #370 on: January 01, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
Here is a more updated pic of my beard.

That's a great beard, Slymyke. Very full and well squared off on the sides, there.  O0

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #371 on: January 01, 2013, 08:45:34 AM »
Had my last visit to the barbers at the end of November. Kept my promise to stay out of the barbers for the rest of 2012.

Now it's 2013, think it might be time for a shape and a minor trim.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #372 on: January 01, 2013, 09:12:08 AM »
Now it's 2013, think it might be time for a shape and a minor trim.
Lookin' good, so let it grow! ;)  Stay out of the barbershop a little "longer"--pun intended. >:D

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #373 on: January 01, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
Thanks, CUE4LL.  I like that expression, "cracking"!

Mr. Jules.. thanks... and your beard is looking great too.  It has filled in a lot in the back.  I hope your regular barber is working when you go for your trim this time... after that other person set you back before.   ;)

Offline tallswimmer62

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #374 on: January 01, 2013, 02:54:23 PM »
Sleek, that's awesome. I have tried to shape my beard often but I end up looking stupid or it goes wonky! I just stick with the full beard but that's awesome
Your beard looks fine there to me! Frames your face quite nicely.