Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900797 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »

I think it is a couple of weeks, it might be the way it is brushed that makes it look bigger? Still growing for now...

It seems to be growing very quickly.  You may be looking like a sly Moses by March.   ;)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2012, 09:19:07 AM »
I'm envious - my beard doesn't grow nearly as fast or full!  And on top of that, it's mostly grey!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
Slybear that is an awesome close up of your Van Dyke! lookin good.

Razor, your beard is coming in nicely, you've definitely alreayd got some good coverage, but you had that from day dot. :D

F77, I always love seeing your progress, gives me a lot to look forward too.

Mr.Jules, I really like the chopless beard, that is a look I have not seen until you busted it out!

npsbg,  you could always start letting it grow out now, and got for a seasonally grey beard for christmas  O0 Then go back to the van dyke later.

I worked yesterday (working on a saturday, blurgh) and I got a comment from one of my co-workers on how my beard was looking really good today, certainly a great way to start the day. Then my boss chimed in, and said all I needed was the Harley now, which sparked a little bit of conversation about my beard.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »
I don't think we've ever had a beard here quite like Beardman's, have we?  Certainly not from anyone who stuck around for any length of time. 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »
I am quite a special case  :/O haha

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
I am quite a special case  :/O haha

Yes, we are all in awe of your beard-growing powers.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:32:27 PM by Razor X »

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2012, 03:47:38 AM »
Mr.Jules, I really like the chopless beard, that is a look I have not seen until you busted it out!

I worked yesterday (working on a saturday, blurgh) and I got a comment from one of my co-workers on how my beard was looking really good today, certainly a great way to start the day. Then my boss chimed in, and said all I needed was the Harley now, which sparked a little bit of conversation about my beard.

Thanks, Beardman - it's the new chopless beard look.

Everyone's talking about your beard.

It won't be long before the popular British pair 'the Hairy Bikers' will commenting, too.
http://www.hairybikers.com/

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
Razor, good to  see that you are growing out the beard!  You need to do at least the 30 day rule on that one...if not more!

I would say that Beardman does probably have one of the more awesome beards/van dykes of anyone who has posted regularly.  But there were a couple of guys who have posted very sporadically that had great beards!  One of them is Coltsfan73.  Here is the link to his profile:http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2490

The other is a fellow named Tow.  Unfortunately, it looks like he removed his photo from here.  But it was a sculpted beard.  If I remember, it had some length, but the sides were trimmed.  But it made him look fierce, like  you don't want to mess with him!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
I found a pic of Tow!  It is not on this site.  But I found a link to his Facebook page from the SBG Facebook page.  So here is his pic.  Pretty epic beard I think!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »
Yes, I remember him. I still think Beardman has them all beat in terms of length.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:04 AM »
Yes, Beardman does have them beat in terms of length.  But the other two really did have bushy beards!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Beardman--that's substantial.  Maybe a measure off with Rusty Shackleford when he's untied!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
That's true, Rusty is in the same neighborhood as far as length is concerned.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »
Marsh, have you ever thought about going for more od a wizard look -- a long beard that is more tapered in the sides and less full on the cheeks than what you had before? Just a thought.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
Razor, I agree.. it is filling in nicely.  I think it will be a good look for you. 

Mr. Jules. - I like your chopless style too.  (great new avatar too, btw).  I have seen that look a few times before, and think it is very cool. 

I buzzed my  goatee and mustache down very close, when I decided to grow my full beard.  Now I am waiting for it the whole thing to grow out.   My wife doesn't like the beard.  She only likes a close-cropped van-dyke.    We went to our contemporary church service today (which is band-lead rather than orchestra-lead).  There was a guy on stage who had my same look.  I asked her later what she thought of his look and she said "I was thinking he was short and chubby"...lol.   

Enter your email address: