Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 900679 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 03:44:30 AM »
Rusty, it's good to see the actual YOU!  Great looking facial hair you've got there!  You ought to consider using that photo as your profile pic instead of that cartoon!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Outstanding growth O0.  Is the goat still growing or are you at terminal length?

Hear you on the smoke.  Even a short beard seems to absorb smoke odors.  I am happier when we go to smoke free establishments for that reason alone, not to mention eye irritation and a cleaning bill for clothes.  I have found that when we use the smoker outside for ribs, etc., the smell stays until I shampoo. That's a "good" smell, but after several hours it gets old. 

theman

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
I sure do like that !  ZZ top in younger days .  Cool  O0

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
Rusty, it's good to see the actual YOU!  Great looking facial hair you've got there!  You ought to consider using that photo as your profile pic instead of that cartoon!

But that's the REAL Rusty Shackleford!  I can't get rid of him!   :*))
You don't know me, but I know you.

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
Outstanding growth O0.  Is the goat still growing or are you at terminal length?

I don't think it's terminal yet because the ends of most of the longest hairs show a cut off tip and I'd imagine that if I was at or near terminal length then most of the hairs would taper off at the tip because they'd have never been cut.  

I've nipped a few individual hairs here and there due to split ends, but aside from that I'm going to see how long it will get in the goatee.  I'd like to cut off 2"-3" from the bottom so that it's straighter across and more consistent (it would make the tip more manageable), but I can't bring myself to do it since I'm curious to see how long it will go and that would set back progress 4-6 months.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:37:42 PM by Rusty Shackleford »

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
I sure do like that !  ZZ top in younger days .  Cool  O0

Maybe I can become the 3rd Z!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
 I'd like to cut off 2"-3" from the bottom so that it's straighter across and more consistent (it would make the tip more manageable), but I can't bring myself to do it since I'm curious to see how long it will go and that would set back progress 4-6 months.  
Definately wouldn't do that or even risk that until you feel certain that it's terminal.  I have a memory of a picture of my great grandfather from a portrait in my grandfather's house of his beard, as I remember about upper chest level, but cut straight across like a knife cut.  It probably showed the artist's work particularly since I don't recall any issues with curling etc., but it was the most fascinating painting I remember.  I'm trying to find out which cousin has it, but I'd love to have a copy as a model to work toward.  Meanwhile the wife isn't happy with the grow out now at about 1 & 3/4" at the chin level, remembering your advice that it took 3-4" to get to the point that it can be "pinned up and controlled".  We'll see how far I can grow without total domestic war. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
Here's mine which started on Father's Day weekend. (Disclaimer): I one-guarded it down last month, but these pictures were taken today.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

theman

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
Looks good there bro..

theman

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Beardman,  I also like your fine beard.  I didn't realize how thick and such it is .  As I believe Zed said.  A lighter shirt would show it off more. 

I like longer beard's as long as they are taken care of.  LOL , but that is just age.  I get a kick out of the new tele show with the duck callers, and their beards.  I have had many over the years, but always use good shampoo, conditioner, especially when riding the Harley.  It got so nice and soft and Split in the middle.  Going down the road.  Sure did get alot of waves from people.   ;D  Sorry no pictures but if you google Popcorn Sutton , you will get a good idea. ;) 8) 

Have a Great Day!  You guys with beards keep Rocken  ;)  !

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:28 AM »
SirHarry, your beard is looking awesome!

@theman, I have been meaning to take one in a lighter shirt, but you see, I normally only wear band shirts, and I only buy them in black, so it's hard to get an impromptu beard shot.

theman

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
Not a problem Beardman.  I have a few white t-shirts but very few.  But it was interesting to see how long your beard really it.   ;)  And still has plenty of color. 

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
My profile picture dates back to March of this year. I shaved it off into a van dyke, and am currently regrowing it to full beard again. Let's see how long I will keep it this time.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »
Not a problem Beardman.  I have a few white t-shirts but very few.  But it was interesting to see how long your beard really it.   ;)  And still has plenty of color. 

I am only 26 lol, but yes, there is still a lot of colour to it, I seem to have at least 1 strand of every colour in my beard f you look at it really closely, I don't know if that is normal or not but I think it is pretty cool none the less :D

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 07:19:15 AM »

I am only 26 lol, but yes, there is still a lot of colour to it, I seem to have at least 1 strand of every colour in my beard f you look at it really closely, I don't know if that is normal or not but I think it is pretty cool none the less :D

Beardman, having different colored hairs in facial hair is not uncommon. It is also not uncommon for the facial hair to be a different color from the head hair (like we should know.) It all adds character to the beard.
Once upon a time. The End.

Enter your email address: