Author Topic: Shadow On Bald Head  (Read 26359 times)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
Shadow On Bald Head
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:56:17 AM »
How to make your bald head blend in wit the  rest of your skin? The Sun?

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shadow On Bald Head
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
Yeah, I've been giving my dome some sun but in small doses to avoid sunburn. It's taken about two months but it's color is finally close to matching my face and neck.
Hair is over rated.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »
I guess that is the only way, unless you use a moisturiser with a hint of tan in it, like a gradual summer tan in a bottle. I personally wouldn't use that. I'm quite white anyway so I don't really suffer with that problem. Take it easy if you do go in the sun though!

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »
Ap Sunscreen when you're outside?

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
Of course

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »
I am bald by choice and my hair is black. I have learned to accept that no matter what I do, there will always be shadow. What is important is the awesome feeling of smoothness after shaving.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 06:13:59 AM »
I must admit, after three months I still find the whole shadow thing a bit of a challenge.  I do not like it at all.  That is why I shave every day and why I am back to morning shaves as this prevents the shadow as far as possible.  I also find myself spending a lot of time in the winter sun to try and get the even skin tone.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »
It seems unfortunately the shadow is just a something us sly guys have to learn to deal with. I work out doors so I tend to get my beanie off and soak up the winter sun just like Waine. I don't think I have enough hair at the front to create an obvious shadow, so it doesn't bother me too much, another thing is to shave it every day as Waine said, that will help knock down the shadow too if you get a nice close ATG shave.

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
I stopped noticing the shadow after a while.  It could be that what hair I would have is now grey so the shadow is less obvious.
Getting out in the sun helps.  Definitely apply sunscreen.  You do not want to get a burnt scalp, and if you do you do not want to be shaving it.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 06:41:28 AM »
I don't care about "the shadow" I am balding and I am not shaving my head to hide that fact- I am shaving my head because it is liberating (healthier than counting dead hairs on the pillow)-I am balding so what -even though i suffer from three letter diagnosis (i refuse that three letter defines me ) I have my ups and downs every day  but I don't think that I would be any happier with full head of hair ....

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
I still have shadow, although less now that my hair is graying.  I look at it as a badge of honor for choosing to be a bald man.

MisterB9

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »
for making the skin blend, sun and patience. For getting rid of the shadow, short of tweezing or getting like laser hair removal or something there's nothing you can really do about it.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »
Shadow.....almost all of us have it....I just file it under the "it is what it is" category.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
coco butter works well

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
It's Always A Done Deal Everytime I Shave My Head. I Just Wanna Run Outside In The Hot Sun & Start Playing Basketball. Sometimes I Tend To Notice My Hairline. Lol  O0

Enter your email address: