Author Topic: Strange Beard/Skin Condition  (Read 1822 times)

Offline DCSlyOne

• Drives With The Top Down
  • Sly Jr.
  • At My Sunday Best
Strange Beard/Skin Condition
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
I am not sure how to explain this without pics, but I will try.

Every few months, I will get what feels like an ingrown hair on my face or neck, where hair grows in,  I'll feel my face for a tell tale bump, and when I find it, it looks like a black head pimple on the surface.  However, it is not a pimple, but several beard hairs that appear to have been bundled into one large follicle. 
I break out the tweezers and rubbing alcohol, and gently pull the bundle from the pore/follicle.  I then proceed to place the rather short bundle in the sink, where it immediately falls apart to reveal several beard hairs bundled into one big pore clogging plug. <<<not  a great visual

Again, I get these every 3 or 4 months, and they are usually under the jaw line, or on my neck.  Has anyone else ever experienced this type of skin/beard issue?  I have not seen a dermatologist yet, as I do not think it is that serious yet (unless it is a symptom of something else going on with my skin).  If my description was vague, let me know, and I'll clarify.  I thought it to be strange for a bundle of hairs to come out of one pore.

I know this sounds bizarre, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

[img width= height= alt=ImageChef]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090912/purf3b33834440fda29.jpg[/img]

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Strange Beard/Skin Condition
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
I know exactly what you mean - had them for years (in my 20s and early 30s) and then the issue gradually diminished and I no longer get them. Mildly painful and very annoying and then very satisfying once you extract the demon.

I'd say nothing to worry about.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012