Author Topic: Terribly nervous  (Read 8467 times)

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
Terribly nervous
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »
I plan to shave my head on thursday. I am planning this for weeks because it is my first day of vacation. I buzzed my hair without a guard several times over the last month or so. But my bf does not like it at all. He thinks I look better with hair. But my wish to shave my head bald is still there. So I am really really nervous about thursday and if I should stick to the plan and do the deed...  :-\

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Terribly nervous
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »
I plan to shave my head on thursday. I am planning this for weeks because it is my first day of vacation. I buzzed my hair without a guard several times over the last month or so. But my bf does not like it at all. He thinks I look better with hair. But my wish to shave my head bald is still there. So I am really really nervous about thursday and if I should stick to the plan and do the deed...  :-\
Of course you will be nervous on "doing the deed" because this will be your very 1st time.  I say embrace the nervousness and your journey to the sly life.  Good luck and U can do it!  Keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »
0mm, let me ask you: Which would you rather have: jitterbugs about your bf's reaction after doing the deed....or agonizing over not doing the deed? Whose happiness is more important yours or your bf's? Think about this: Accomplishments are better enjoyed when they are achieved for one's fulfillment and satisfaction than when they are achieved for others' expectations and approval...in short if you are going sly for your bf's approval/disapproval, that's the wrong reason. Good luck on Thursday, and post a pic if you can!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
If you really want to try sly, go ahead and do it.  Nervousness is common.  It's a combination of worry and anticipation. 

Your bf's opinion may change once he sees you sly and sees that you like it.  He may also enjoy rubbing your slick dome!

Good luck

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
It will grow back to a clipper cut without the guard in 2 days so really nothing to worry about.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
Go for it! Your bf will get used to it. Mine did. Now he loves it!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »
0mm ... you gotta try it. Do it for yourself. As written above, worst case is it will grow back in a few days.

Check in and keep us posted. We're here for you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
I can only add my voice to the other guys and say 'Go For It' if you don't like it it'll grow back in a few days.  My boyf doesn't like it when I shave my head either - he keeps saying 'Uh-oh here comes the thug' but it doesn't stop him from giving me lots of headrubs !

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »
What you must do this time is keep shaving, each day. Make it clear this is the new you. Be confident and happy about your decision. Your BF cannot be allowed to force a haircut he likes on you. You may want to consider if this relationship is a good one for you to continue if he cannot accept the haircut you want for yourself.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »
My former girlfriend asked me more like demand from me to grow hair -then i knew she is trying to find an excuse so i let her go ,she could just say_ i don't like you....woman's mind is well different to say at least  :D

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »
What you must do this time is keep shaving, each day. Make it clear this is the new you. Be confident and happy about your decision. Your BF cannot be allowed to force a haircut he likes on you. You may want to consider if this relationship is a good one for you to continue if he cannot accept the haircut you want for yourself.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We Have A Winner!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »
I now a guy who thought that he will keep his girlfriend if he do what she demands -well what she wanted from him is to install a diamonds in his front teeth  :/O ,he did just that and  she left him anyway and now all he has is big dental bill and now he has become a potential target for a burglar with a wrench or pincers  :*))

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 02:06:19 AM »
Just don't get me wrong i don't wanna be "a prophet of doom" ;D -as you can see i just love just to kidding around but there is a little bit of truth in every thing i say ,your choice may be different and right one ,be in peace my brother as long as you are happy it is COOL   ;) remember -you first it is after all your head ,your mind second and don't let anybody say different !

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 03:18:16 AM »

Don't be nervous. I doubt if anyone will notice the difference between buzzing without a guard and shaving your head.

Give it try. You will like the smooth head, too.

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 04:07:07 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement! I hope I will have the nerves to do it. After all my boyfriends reactions affect how selfconfident I am about the bald head. But i think after the first stroke with the clippers the wish to go really bald takes over and I cannot stop myself from using the razor. Lets see.