Author Topic: Bicycles???  (Read 2428 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
Bicycles???
« on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
Hi all,
I have learned to enjoy urban biking as part of mixing up my exercise routine as well as the joy of long uphill (fast downhill) rides with my son. Here is a pic of my Cannondale 29er taken by my son last week.

Really enjoy the big wheels and fork shocks when wheeling on dirt, over curbs and down stairs. Longest ride has been about 20 miles and learned that padded shorts makes a hell of a difference. Takes a little more effort to ride due to weight and size compared to my sons Cannondale CAAD but I wanted something that would require some effort and burn calories.

So what do you ride - Model/make of bike, pros and cons. Where do you ride? Why do you ride?

Cheers,
Ty

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: Bicycles???
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:42 PM »
That's funny there's a topic about bikes posted today.  My friend and I went for a ride on some relatively new mountain bike trails a few miles from our houses this morning.  I haven't been on a trail in a few years, so my legs and lower back are pretty tight about now, haha.  I'm riding a Trek 800 series mountain bike.  I used it in college to ride to class and the occasional trails.  It was a great workout and I'm looking forward to hitting the trails again with better endurance! 
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
I have a Trek road bike and a Specialized mountain bike. They are both gathering dust.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »
I have always loved cycling. I went from riding old mustang style bikes as a kid to road bikes to mountain bikes. Now I am tired of the mountain bike bacause my back is always sore. I am thinking of getting a "comfort bicycle".

theman

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »
Where I live I do see many riding bikes and it has high hills. 

A comfort bike to me is a Harley full dresser.  LOL But I do credit those other bikes and their riders.

Enter your email address: