Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:16 AM »
Greetings SBG!  Love the site.  I've been poking around on here for a couple of weeks and have been thinking about joining for awhile.  So, here I am.  Now the next step is to go fully SLY.  I've been buzzing my hair for a couple of months and am trying to psyche myself up to go all the way.  I posted in the section on deciding whether or not to do it... I'd appreciate the feedback (although I'm quite sure what your feedback will be).  Glad to be on here and once again, an awesome site!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36:55 AM »
Welcome to the SBG family KySly; we are glad you've decided to join. As for the advise,,, I hope you are sitting down, because this may be a shocker,,, ok, ready? Shave It I'll bet you didn't see that one comeing. Seriously though, judging by your picture, I think the Sly look will look good on you. O0 Like someone else told my son (the future chef) you wont get any hair in the food  ;D Again welcome to the forum.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:34:18 AM »
Welcome, KySly....glad to have you....

I was an active member here for 2 months before I went totally sly....

I was miserable until I bic'd it...

Go for it, man....

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 04:02:30 AM »
Welcome bro.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 04:26:11 AM »
Welcome KySly.  You'll never know how you'll really look till you shave it and you'll never go back once you do.  From you pic, sly will definitely suit you.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 04:50:49 AM »
Glad you're here.  You sound like you;ve been thinking about this for awhile and you've got the shaving "bug" in your head.  From my experience, as well as many others on this site, you won't find relief until you try it.  Also, you've got to remind yourself, that from a logical standpoint, your hair will grow back if you find out that it is not for you.  So there is really no reason not to try it.

Best of luck.  We're all routing for you. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 05:04:16 AM »
Welcome. You'll find this is a great place to learn about SLY possibilities. I, too, joined after reading the forums a few weeks. Been going tighter and closer for a few weeks and working closer to slick. Currently down to a #1 blade at the barber shop every 10-14 days.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »
dude, don't do it. all the extra confidence, all the compliments from lay-days, all the other advantages. not worth it. JUST KIDDING, now go get rid of that hair. and enjoy the site. welcome. PAULIE

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:47:20 AM »
I think you can definitely pull it off. Especially with the soul patch goin on too.

Welcome to the family!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

KALBO

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Welcome to SBGs, KySly! Confident you won't regret it once you go SLY!

Offline browny

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »
I think when you take control and give it a go you will feel more confident.  It is the continual thinking about it that does your head in.  So give it a go for 30 days and tell us what you think.

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
Welcome to SBG KySly.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »
Welcome KySly - go for it - It will look good
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »
Welcome to SBG!

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:26 AM »
Welcome man!