Author Topic: To Pierce (or not to)?  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
To Pierce (or not to)?
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:28:53 AM »
Okay, so I've been thinking about getting my ear(s) pierced for awhile now, but I'm not sure if I should?  I'm about to move to a much bigger city to go to Culinary School and have always wanted an earring.  Of course when I was a teenager it was starting to get popular, but I never wanted piercings for that reason.  I think they can enhance someone's image?

The only reason I haven't yet is because I'm around my family quite a bit and they are semi-conservative and tend to be fairly judgemental.  But my youngest bro got his ears pierced ten days after he turned 18 and after a day or two, no one really said much.

I got my nipples pierced in December and have loved them, but they're not visible and of course no one knows.  Would appreciate your feedback if you have any.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: To Pierce (or not to)?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:30:38 AM »
If it's something you want to do, they try it out.  Just do it in a way that if you don't like it, you can let the holes grow back together.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 07:04:47 AM »
I agree with Tyler, if it is something you have the urge to do, go for it. Life is to short to put off things you want to try and have the need to do. In the long run who cares what others think anyway, it is about you and what makes you happy and fullfilled.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »
I would say do what you want, as long as you are not hurting anyone else than you should go for it. Honestly, it is not me, I had earrings in college, and I think they are for the younger crowd. This is me though...life is way too short to worry what others think.

You have to ask yourself though, are you doing it for yourself?or because others might think it is cool?

Either way, you picked a great site, because you will get honest opinions w/o conflict and judgement...

Offline Derek

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
If you are looking for a role model then check out Duff Goldman, star of "Ace of Cakes" on the Food Network.  He does a good job of rockin' the pierced and sly look.

Personally, I've had my right ear pierced for 12 years and the left one for a couple months.
If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten them both pierced 12 years ago, instead of just one.

Also, I'd recommend going to a reputable body piercing shop (which I did for my second ear) to get them done.
I found it much easier to heal an ear pierced with a CBR (hoop) or circular barbell (like the body piercing shops use), than a stud like you would get at a shop in the mall.

Just my $0.02 cents.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:11:06 PM by ecoblue »

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 03:25:18 PM »
I was 26 when I got my ears pierced.  My advice would be to try it.  It's not like you can't take them out and let them grow back.  Also I would agree with ecoblue to go to a body piercer.  I got mine done at a local tattoo shop.  Also, for ease in after care, get them pierced with captive ball hoops.  They are easier to keep clean.  Just my $0.02.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »
I say Go for it Brother!  Live for you, and make your family proud by the actions you make & the success/happiness you build in your life!
Peace

Offline Leigh_12play

• Sly
    • www.myspace.com/leigh_12play
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
I say go for it as well, you can always take it out and let the hole close up if it's not what you thought it would be, I had both mine pierced in the 80's and never regretted it...
A friend is someone that reaches for your hand but touches your heart...

www.myspace.com/leigh_12play