Author Topic: To Shave or not to shave  (Read 34112 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: To Shave or not to shave
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
I'm currently using a 1/16th guard on wahl clippers but i don't want to use no guard because I'm afraid of gaping myself.
It's just came to the point that i want to shave it but my parents don't think highly of me shaving my head which kinda makes me think they don't want me to shave my head. I'm just kinda stuck in a tree right now on what to do.

I used the Wahl clippers/no guard, for a few weeks before shaving. Never had an incident with gouging myself. Works well.

Your hair is SO SHORT already, it's an easy 'slide' to shaved bald.  It looks almost the same, but feels so much better.  After going from your length to bald, it took my daughters 3 days to notice!  They live at home with me and were seeing me every day and still took three days!

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
I would go ahead and shave my head and start keeping it shaved but i really have no good facial hair right now because its not that full and i dont want to let a patchy beard grow out but my dad has a full beard if that means anything. Im 18 and its still not completely full around the middle of my chin and parts of my jaw bone.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
I've had people say im trying to pull the Jason Statham hair or that i look somewhat like him when im buzzing my hair lol

marty22

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
shave it off. no choice and welcome.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
shave it off. no choice and welcome.

recommended razor and etc to use?

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »
hey wk, good idea to try the buzz, this way some sunlight can hit your skin better. made it the same way for the first time before i shaved. the buzzcut looks good BTW. sounds like you are curious to go all the way at some point to shave it. that was how it was for me. i know i had to try to find out about having a totally shaved head, otherwise this would have been always in my mind. it feels weird and great at the same time.

it's good to hang around here to and build up some confidence to go and try it. It feels great , you need to get used to the look if you like how it feels.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »
hey wk, good idea to try the buzz, this way some sunlight can hit your skin better. made it the same way for the first time before i shaved. the buzzcut looks good BTW. sounds like you are curious to go all the way at some point to shave it. that was how it was for me. i know i had to try to find out about having a totally shaved head, otherwise this would have been always in my mind. it feels weird and great at the same time.

it's good to hang around here to and build up some confidence to go and try it. It feels great , you need to get used to the look if you like how it feels.

i appreciate the response its just the factor of what highschool women like even tho i know im going bald i still try to embrace it unlike some others at my school who are balding and let their hair grow anyways just kinda on the fence to what highschool girls like on me depending on the stuble or no stuble.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »
yeah, i know what ya saying. be sure some will like it, some for sure not. for those who don't might also not like the guy with stubble or the receding hairline.  if you do it your way and going for the style you want, you will spread coolness which will attract them either way, imo. at least i think you are one who could pull it off. don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you to shave. just telling how it went for me, which might help to get to a decision. ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:42:10 AM by Ben32 »

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
yeah, i know what ya saying. be sure some will like it, some for sure not. for those who don't might also not like the guy with stubble or the receding hairline.  if you do it your way and going for the style you want, you will spread coolness which will attract them either way, imo. at least i think you one you could pull it off. don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you to shave. just telling how it went for me, which might help to get to a decision. ;)

thanks again for the response here are some pictures of a 1/16th guard with the tapper all the way up on clippers and a days growth. But yea content with this for now still need recommendations/tips on some head shaving.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
Now you're talking! Looks good...If (when) you shave it all the way, may I suggest a HeadBlade?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Who Knows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Now you're talking! Looks good...If (when) you shave it all the way, may I suggest a HeadBlade?

sure haha what kind of blade adapters is good for it.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
I would suggest a more forgiving razor like the Gillette Fusion to start with.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
A great improvement already from the first set of pictures. You have the face and head that will carry the shaved look really well.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 03:17:00 AM »
O0 Cool !!
How do you like it? Does it feel good?

I also recommend the Fusion for the first time. Good result, less irritation. At least it should be some HQ-Razor.

A hot shower maybe before to soften up the stubble or some preshave stuff. A quality shave gel to lock in moisture and a some non alcoholic aftershave.
First with the grain. If you wanna have it real smooth then against the grain (cool to do so !!!) Maybe use your other hand to follow the razor to feel if it got all and left the area smooth.

I wouldn't overdo it for the first time (like going over it several times). The skin is sensitive first time. You might wanna use some cold water to rinse off for less irritation and less shaving pimple. Works for me. Let me tell you, the skin will feel numb after your very first shave. That's part of shaving first time.

(BTW the room looks cool with that dark walls and the guitar hanging there)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:21:38 AM by Ben32 »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 03:58:49 AM »
You're in there, man. You've got the head for a smooth bald sly look.  It looks powerful!

Pick up a Schick Hydro 5 razor. I've never cut myself with this one, nor with a Gillette Fusion Pro (with batteries).  Only cut myself once with a headblade, and that we my fault. I know exactly what I did, and I don't do that any more. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your completely bald photos shortly!

Looks good man.