Author Topic: [N]ational [B]asketball [A]ssociation  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
[N]ational [B]asketball [A]ssociation
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:30 PM »
I know we gotta have some NBA fans in the house. Who is your team? I'm a Bulls fan ever since the early 90's, basically as far back as I could remember. MJ is my idol.

At the same time though, I rep NY teams (as most of my family is from NY - upstate). So Knicks and Nets, naturally. Gotta say though, I really like the Thunder. I followed Durant ever since he was a senior in High School and he is my second favorite player (behind Derrick Rose, obviously ;))

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: [N]ational [B]asketball [A]ssociation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
I follow the Hornets and Magic....but I usually don't get into Basketball until the NFL season ends in February.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
I am into basketball year round. I watched the Summer League even. I eat, breathe, sleep, and drink it.

Hornets are gonna be awesome this season. They'll break 40 wins for sure.

As for the Magic, their franchise is going to be hitting a rebuilding period. Dwight really screwed them over on that one.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: [N]ational [B]asketball [A]ssociation
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Spurs fan here...

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »
I am into basketball year round. I watched the Summer League even. I eat, breathe, sleep, and drink it.

Hornets are gonna be awesome this season. They'll break 40 wins for sure.

As for the Magic, their franchise is going to be hitting a rebuilding period. Dwight really screwed them over on that one.

The Magic have to take some of the blame for that....when you let one player become bigger than the TEAM you are going to have situations like this (see: LeBron James/Cleveland)....Sometimes you have to look at more than just putting fans in the seats and bucks in your pocket....what good is having a superstar if your money is too tied up to give him a supporting cast?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Spurs, very classy organization, coach Pop is one of the best.

Honestly, some super stars shouldn't let things like that go to their head. I wish more super stars remained humble like Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant. Love those guys. Rose and Durant both signed contract extensions without a peep to the media.

I'm fine with Dwight wanting to leave Orlando, but his DECISION has been an INDECISION which ultimately put Orlando's backs against the wall. Of course, though, they are trying to squeeze a bit too much outta the deal.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »
Doug Collins and the Sixers here. Knicks are going to be tough this year. I like to watch the Thunder a lot.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
I love Doug Collins! Hated the fact my Bulls lost to the Sixers, but I respect Doug Collins for being so concerned for Derrick Rose when he tore his ACL. I have a lot of respect for coach Collins. Great guy. :)

Yeah, Melo is going to be hungry for a ring, but I think they gotta ditch Amare, maybe in a trade for an All-Star SG or a defensive All-Star big.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
An All-Star big would make them really scary.

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Yes, I mean Amare is good and all, but I don't think he meshes as well as they had thought he would. If they got a defensive PF to sit down low with Tyson Chandler, game over man. lol

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
Just started getting into NBA. Who are the top 5 players in the world? I'm guessing James, Wade, Bryant, Durant will be up there? Top 5 in order of best would be great, thanks!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE basketball...... but I don't like the NBA. i think the actual basketball skill level of most NBA players is non-existent. Most of the guys can't shoot or defend.

Growing up in Baltimore City I played hoops just about everyday. I was a damn good street baller that never played organized ball.... but I stll got offered a few scholarships to mid-level schools for hoops.

I'm a huge college bball fan though!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »
Used to play a lot, grew up a Golden State Warriors fan.
Can't stand the behavior and attitudes that permiate the NBA today.

Like Koz, when I'm jonesin for some hoops, I watch college.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 08:01:40 AM »
Just started getting into NBA. Who are the top 5 players in the world? I'm guessing James, Wade, Bryant, Durant will be up there? Top 5 in order of best would be great, thanks!

Those players are great and Miami with the addition of Ray Allen will probably repeat but there are and have been a lot of great players in the NBA.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »
I'm A Orlando Magic ALL Day. But Yea, Dwight Howard Did Leave Orlando Dry. I Just Wish I Knew What Happened Behind Closed Doors.