Author Topic: Ortiz retires Shamrock...  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Ortiz retires Shamrock...
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »
Tito Ortiz finalized the 7 year "hate" between these 2 MMA fighters with a uncontested KO in the first round last night on Spike Television's UFC Fight Night. Tito stopped Ken Shamrock, with pummeling his face until he was not defending himself safely. Tito was arrogant and cocky right after, but... then, he all of a sudden, for the first time, showed some class and grace to Ken, a UFC Hall of Famer that has fought MANY of the toughest since UFC #1 in 1993. I liked Ken very much, he was a great athlete, and started the UFC, as I stated, in UFC 1, 13 years ago. He also was the #1 Shootfighter in Japan for many years. Ken thanks for all the great memories. And Tito, someone whom I never really liked, due to his arrogant and rude nature, I wish you the best of luck in December against Chuck Liddell(sp?), you will need it. I see that as an awesome fight, if both men are at their best that night.    ~Yeti
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 05:54:57 PM by Yeti »

~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
Re: Ortiz retires Shamrock...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »
Giving a guy the finger at the end of his career is pretty weak.  After that, all of his talk was meaningless.  Not to mention he interupted Shamrock's farewell speech and  even promoted his next fight when he got the mic.

Just when I start to think Tito's not a punk, he shows his true colors.

I hope Chuck beats him bad. 

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 09:34:35 PM »
The Chuck/Tito fight won't make it out of the first round. Liddell by brutal KO...again.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 02:56:35 AM »
I hope so too, with Chuck... thanks for weighing in fellas.
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Switch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »
Ken Shamrock was my favorite fighter. i followed most of his career, even when he was in the WWF as a wrestler. I hate to see him go. As for Tito, he was very nice and helpful while coaching The Ultimate Fighter 3. i daresay, more so than ken. i think he just got caught up in the heat of the fight. Who out of any of us hasn't done something like that?
-Switch "The Prodigy" Noblitt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 11:06:22 PM »
Let's not forget Tito is now banging Jenna Jameson, too!  I think the guy is a jerk-off, but Jenna gotta count for some major points.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Enter your email address: