Author Topic: Your track of the week?  (Read 44835 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Your track of the week?
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »
I've absolutely fallen in love with this artist this week and I just have to share her with someone! I couldn't split the songs so I've got a double this week!
She is an amazing artist from Sweden, her current project though is a 2 person project (if I remember rightly) called "The Knives", Definitely someone to keep an eye on. She might be to out there for mainstream, but definitely worth listening too!

Fever Ray - When I Grow Up

and Fever Ray - If I Had a Heart (Title song for the new series, Vikings)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »
The second one is awesome, your varied musical tastes surprise me yet again mr Pentreath.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:12 AM »
Cheers Matt, I really do have a quite the varied taste in music as you mentioned, I always find it funny how I surprise people when I mention stuff such as this.

The second one is what MADE ME have to go track her down. It is such a fitting to open up the TV series. I'm working my way through her new project, it is so 90's electro pop haha. It is not nearly as eccentric as her Fever Ray works, which is a bit dissapointing!

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2013, 04:53:38 AM »
Going for an oldie here with a bit of classic Everclear. Everclear have been one of my favourate bands for the best part of the last 20 years, tonight I get to see them live for the first time......

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2013, 05:00:33 AM »
Ahhhhh an oldie but a goodie! That's awesome that you get to see them tonight, I bet it will be better then you imagine it will be!

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2013, 05:48:42 AM »
Hopefully man, mind you I'm a bit older, the band is a bit older (and only one of the original line up are left) but the songs will still be there! I'm more looking forward to meeting up with old friends as it sounds like a load of people who were into them alongside me back in the day will be there too. Plus I'm off work tomorrow so one or two beverages may be consumed!!  `Dr!n#

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
I have two this week: Aht Uh Mi Hed and 12:15 Slow Goonbash Blues, both by Shuggie Otis.

Shuggie Otis is amazing - when you think he recorded his album all by his own and played all of the instruments and was one of the first to play with drum computers - so sad that he didn't have more success back then and stopped recording music

here's mine https://soundcloud.com/rhyemusic/sets/debut-album-woman - can't wait for the album to be released

I read something online that said Shuggie Otis has another cd coming out in April. I hope it's as good as his earlier stuff.

I just bought Shuggie's new release yesterday. It's a 2 disc set consisting of a reissue of his Inspiration Information cd along with an all new cd called Wings of Love. All in all some really good stuff and well worth the price. (27 tracks for $14.99 US on iTunes.)
Hair is over rated.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
I've absolutely fallen in love with this artist this week and I just have to share her with someone! I couldn't split the songs so I've got a double this week!
She is an amazing artist from Sweden, her current project though is a 2 person project (if I remember rightly) called "The Knives", Definitely someone to keep an eye on. She might be to out there for mainstream, but definitely worth listening too!

Dig that artist!

My song this week has definitely been a song called "Tobacco Island" by Flogging Molly.  I'm not super familiar with this band, but I've been getting into this kind of celtic punk type thing.  The song is very folk sounding and catchy with a nice modern punk twist.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2013, 06:04:28 AM »

Dig that artist!

My song this week has definitely been a song called "Tobacco Island" by Flogging Molly.  I'm not super familiar with this band, but I've been getting into this kind of celtic punk type thing.  The song is very folk sounding and catchy with a nice modern punk twist.

Ahhh Flogging Molly! I am with ya mate! Glad to hear you liked the Fever Ray stuff too  O0

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »

loving this band

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »

loving this band

Very nice! Quite a talented group, they've got some real potential!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Blaring from the Harley radio all weekend.... Kid Rock - "Born Free"
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Re: Re: Your track of the week?
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
Blaring from the Harley radio all weekend.... Kid Rock - "Born Free"

+1
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/EzGoDtmTllg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/EzGoDtmTllg</a>