Author Topic: Scientists Found Remedy for Baldness  (Read 9088 times)

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
Scientists Found Remedy for Baldness
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »
Thought everyone might enjoy this article.

Hope its not a double post.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/05/17/baldness.study.reut/index.html

:/O

What does everyone think??

If such a remedy is possible, how many people here would try it as opposed to still embracing the sly way???

BALDANDRE

Re: Scientists Found Remedy for Baldness
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »
Bald by Choice here... I WANT to be bald... so it's hard to answer like dudes that are only kidding themselves that SLY is cool...I think it WAY cool and will probably never have hair on my head again...btw,anything out there to make it easily permanent?

Funny though that you ask that question Sticks...I totally think YOU are a dude that looks WAY better bald than with hair, most guys here I think fall into that catagory...not having hair on your head can actually make a dude a lot better looking then when he had a full head of it!

That's just this bald dude's opinion...I'll go back to my corner now....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:27:23 AM by BALDANDRE »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »
Well said BA. Me too
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »
Sly the only way for me 8)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 04:21:24 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:43 AM »
Given the fact that my seborrheic dermatitis has basically disappeared since I went SLY on 1/1/07, I am committed to maintaining the SLY look.

Not interested in taking a chance that crap will return to the Schrodome.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
Once again, Andre is the man.  Some dudes look good with or without hair.  For Sticks, the nod definitely goes to sly.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »
Haha...

Oh i plan on staying sly for quite a while...

im defintly digging the look and gained so much confidence since going sly...so for me its not an option...

I guess what I meant with my question above, is that if this "remedy" actually worked, and everyone could grow back hair (so no one else would have the horseshoe or come-over going on) how many people do you think will continue to be sly...i dont necessarily mean people on here but overall...do you think people will jump onto this oppurtunity or try to continue to be different.

I vote to embrace the sly way but I have a feeling a lot of people who are not sly by choice will def. jump on the opportunity....the sly population would fall... :(

Dont know why they would do that though :/O

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

Funny though that you ask that question Sticks...I totally think YOU are a dude that looks WAY better bald than with hair, most guys here I think fall into that catagory...not having hair on your head can actually make a dude a lot better looking then when he had a full head of it!

Thanks man!

or as my russian side would say...  Спасибо брат!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »
let em jump on some stupid band wagon. that just means truly sly guys can stand out again. as you can tell, sly is here to stay on my gourd.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »
let em jump on some stupid band wagon. that just means truly sly guys can stand out again. as you can tell, sly is here to stay on my gourd.

Totally agree...really is a guy that shaves his head smooth, just because there is no other option, really livin' the SLY way..!?.

You gotta wear it with confidence and say THIS is the way I want to look! 8)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »
Andre,

While I am in the thinning and receeding category, I have a friend who had a wispy horseshoe who finally went sly after I encouraged him.  I think that he is sly to stay and is a dedicated Headblade user.  I think that he is really living the sly way.  I know that he won't grow the horseshoe back.  Plus he is not into combovers, rugs or Rogaine.  But I have never asked the question if he would take the plunge and get the "cure" for baldness.  But I think you can be really MPB and comitted to being sly!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
But I think you can be really MPB and comitted to being sly!

I totally AGREE! I think my thing is when you love it, you LOVE it...when you are just doing it because it's 'kinda" better...it SHOWS!

Having a totally bald is is a cool look, I've always thought that...even way back as a kid. When i had hair , I would see someone rockin' the shaved head, I would always say to myself...man, that looks cool, real good in fact, wish i could do that...

thats' the type of enthusiasm I was referring to...

I'm glad your friend is diggin' the SLY! 8)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:47:07 PM »
I do it because I love it!!! Unfortunatley it startedbecause of MPB, if I didn't like the look, I probably wouldn't be into shaving everyday, and getting all the products...

It may sound like a broken record, but I didn't realize how much rockin the "SLY" was going to have a positive affect on me and my confidence! O0 O0

I haven't been in the ocean or a pool in 7yrs, I can't wait to jump in, FREEDOMMMMMM!!!!!!! (I feel like William Wallace.) @c3 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »
I do it because I love it!!! Unfortunatley it startedbecause of MPB, if I didn't like the look, I probably wouldn't be into shaving everyday, and getting all the products...

It may sound like a broken record, but I didn't realize how much rockin the "SLY" was going to have a positive affect on me and my confidence! O0 O0

I haven't been in the ocean or a pool in 7yrs, I can't wait to jump in, FREEDOMMMMMM!!!!!!! (I feel like William Wallace.) @c3 

Now, see THAT'S what I'm talkin' about O0

Enter your email address: