Author Topic: Bald Man Laws  (Read 101022 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Bald Man Laws
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 11:11:46 PM »
Nicely said.Thanks for the input.I just wanted to let you know how I feel about things.

You're welcome.  We're all unique and have our own opinions on things.  Sly Bald Guys wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same people.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

ChadinSO

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »
I like how you think Tyler!

Smooth, positive and sly...

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 05:08:51 AM »
Nicely said.Thanks for the input.I just wanted to let you know how I feel about things.

You're welcome.  We're all unique and have our own opinions on things.  Sly Bald Guys wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same people.
Yeh ther's a great mix of people here!! You guys and lady are all awsome!! O0 O0 O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 08:17:46 AM »
The only laws for bald men I have devised are: 1) go "naked" (that is, bareheaded) and proud through the world, except when the weather necessitates wearing a hat or cap; 2) do everything possible to promote baldness--however achieved--and to affirm the bald image for adult men; 3) embrace and use on oneself tems such as "chrome dome," "slick pate," "bare noggin," "baldy" and anything else that suggests one's happiness with being bald;  4) shave daily or every other day to maintain the positive "rush" one experienced when shaving it all off for the first time;  5) resist with might and main the temptation to grow whatever one's got left back; and 6) accept and appreciate all the patting and kissing women accord men who are comfortable with their gleaming plates. Happily, we're not alone: have you noted the number of primetime actors, announcers, show hosts, meteorologists, pitchmen, and professionals--not to mention athletes, military personnel, and firefighters--who have adopted the look? It's about time our culture got over the long-haired adolescent look of the 1960s and 1970s. Mohammed Ali had a good idea when he tried to rip off Howard Cosell's rug years ago at a celebrity roast. Men wearing toupees or combovers should be stripped in public for falsifying adulthood to young guys who are concerned about losing their hair, a perfectly natural, indeed inevitable, phenomenon. I also think using a shiny head gloss to emphasize one's dome is a fine idea. Professor Melon  ^-^ O0
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:27 AM »
As usual, professor....excellent polemic!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 08:34:03 AM »
polemic!

you need to call dr noner aboout that sneeking thing buddy. >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »
polemic!

you need to call dr noner aboout that sneeking thing buddy. >:D

Nothin' a little shotta penicillin won't clear up  :XX   (*!@   !*u%e

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »
Professor Melon, Men wearing toupees should not have them publicly stripped off.That is embarrassing and cruel. If someone ever did that to me I'd kick him in the balls as hard as I could. It is not falsifying adulthood to young guys concerned with hair loss.After all there are a lot of adult men that are lucky enough to keep their hair.If someone wears a hairpiece it is their choice and no idiot has the right to touch it.Also as far as Mohammed Ali trying to rip  Howard Cosells hairpiece off,Ali is a big arrogant moron anyway.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 01:38:38 AM »
there are a lot of adult men that are lucky enough to keep their hair.

???  How is it lucky one way or the other to loss your hair?  We're lucky to be healthy, cancer free, alive, eating with family.  Take your pick of a thousand things to be luck for.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 02:09:49 AM »
there are a lot of adult men that are lucky enough to keep their hair.

???  How is it lucky one way or the other to loss your hair?  We're lucky to be healthy, cancer free, alive, eating with family.  Take your pick of a thousand things to be luck for.

Amen.   Hair was given to us as a means of protection from the cold, just like fur for other animals.   

Don, I don't want you to get offended when I say this, but what did you come here hoping to find?    You clearly feel incomplete without hair, and I don't get the sense you are trying to wrap your mind around being bald before taking the plunge like others here.   It almost seems akin to a hair transplant rep or user coming to this site, and freaking out when people are comfortable with having no hair, whether via MPB or by choice(as in my case).

Not that I myself(not speaking for everyone here) don't welcome a different viewpoint or anything, but the idea that adult men(and what constitutes an adult btw, because some people lose hair in high school) are lucky if they don't lose their hair is the exact opposite of what this website is all about having spent a great two months or so here.   And i'm not sure you are going to be comfortable with that.

bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
Amen.   Hair was given to us as a means of protection from the cold, just like fur for other animals.   

Don, I don't want you to get offended when I say this, but what did you come here hoping to find?    You clearly feel incomplete without hair, and I don't get the sense you are trying to wrap your mind around being bald before taking the plunge like others here.   It almost seems akin to a hair transplant rep or user coming to this site, and freaking out when people are comfortable with having no hair, whether via MPB or by choice(as in my case).

Not that I myself(not speaking for everyone here) don't welcome a different viewpoint or anything, but the idea that adult men(and what constitutes an adult btw, because some people lose hair in high school) are lucky if they don't lose their hair is the exact opposite of what this website is all about having spent a great two months or so here.   And i'm not sure you are going to be comfortable with that.

Very well put David!

Guys, our little boy is getting all grown up...  :'(

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 06:45:24 AM »
Amen.   Hair was given to us as a means of protection from the cold, just like fur for other animals.   

Don, I don't want you to get offended when I say this, but what did you come here hoping to find?    You clearly feel incomplete without hair, and I don't get the sense you are trying to wrap your mind around being bald before taking the plunge like others here.   It almost seems akin to a hair transplant rep or user coming to this site, and freaking out when people are comfortable with having no hair, whether via MPB or by choice(as in my case).

Not that I myself(not speaking for everyone here) don't welcome a different viewpoint or anything, but the idea that adult men(and what constitutes an adult btw, because some people lose hair in high school) are lucky if they don't lose their hair is the exact opposite of what this website is all about having spent a great two months or so here.   And i'm not sure you are going to be comfortable with that.

Very well put David!

Guys, our little boy is getting all grown up...  :'(

somebody buy that man a drink. good one dave

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:33 PM »
What I really meant by some men are lucky enough to have their own hair was taken out of context. What I was saying was that if a balding young man sees an older man with his own full head of hair it's certainly not falsyfying adulthood as Professor Melon said. It's just that everyone is different with different genes.Age has nothing to do with baldness.It's testosterone and heredity.On the other hand if a man wears a hairpiece why should it be publicly stripped off. That's viscious and nobody has the right to do that.After all there are still enough bald men walking around so balding young men can identify with them.So how are adult men with hairpieces falsyfying adulthood.It's just personal choice. Like I said there are plenty of bald men out there for young balding men not to feel like a minority.Also I only wear my hair once in awhile if I'm going someplace special and want to feel more dressed up.I'm not totally dependant on it.There's nothing wrong with that.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:50 PM »

...if a man wears a hairpiece why should it be publicly stripped off. That's viscious and nobody has the right to do that.

I think the eloquent and pensive professor was employing a literary device known as "hyperbole" or extreme exageration to make a point.

Kinda like if the professor were to say, "if that obnoxious student ever said that in MY class...I'd knock his friggen head off."   I wouldn't say, "man....murder ain't the answer, sir....isn't beheading the poor boy a little extreme?"

I dunno...that's my 2 cents

Whether I agree or disagree with the good professor....I sure like the way he says it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 11:20:28 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2007, 11:16:45 PM »
yeah what robmiester said.

Enter your email address: