Author Topic: Thoughts on what I use after I shave  (Read 4242 times)

Offline kevcart5

• Learning the way of Sly
Thoughts on what I use after I shave
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »
Shaved for the first time yesterday, with shave Gillete moisturizing shave gel. I am using the wifey's Oil of Olay mositurizer for aftercare. I put it on after and then again today when I woke up. Please let me know your thoughts and input.

Jesus would rather go to hell for you than go to Heaven without you.
Max Lucado

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thoughts on what I use after I shave
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »
Shaved for the first time yesterday, with shave Gillete moisturizing shave gel. I am using the wifey's Oil of Olay mositurizer for aftercare. I put it on after and then again today when I woke up. Please let me know your thoughts and input.
Hey kevcart5:  Welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Check out the "Head Shaving" section of the forum under "your shave routine".  U will find some priceless info on everyone's head shave routine. 

If I were U... immediately after a head shave:  perform a cold water rinse,  ice cube rub until ice cube melts,  dry dome,  apply witch hazel,  and a good after shave such as Nivea for Men aftershave lotion.  The cold water rinse and ice cube rub will close your pores better to help U stay smooth longer.  The witch hazel is an astringent and it nourishes your skin.  After applying the witch hazel...let it air dry than U can apply a good after shave such as Nivea for Men, or Neutrogenia or Loreal for Men, Brut Aftershave with Shea Butter to name a few.  Lately I have been applying the Osage Rub.

Hope this helps.  And please keep us posted.  I hope my other sly brothers will chime in. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »
Hey there Kevcart.

There is so much to use. I went a bit crazy on the cremes in the beginning, some made my head a bit sticky, but I have settled on good old after shave which gives my skin a nice look and feel.  Now I am keen to try the Witchhazel as I have read so much here about it, and Warhawk has just made it sound so appealing!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
Hey there Kevcart.

Now I am keen to try the Witchhazel as I have read so much here about it, and Warhawk has just made it sound so appealing!
On a side note... place the witch hazel in the fridge to give an added effect.  The coolness will bring an added closing of the pores and it just feels good on a freshly shaven face and dome.  Remember... to let the witch hazel "air dry" and do not dry it off with a towel.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »
sounds ok to me. I only rinse with cold water
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »
Warhawk, Now you have got me Googling Witchhazel...Social networks have a wonderful way of exploding new dimensions and opening up our minds to an amazing world out there...

In our sometimes insanely humid sub-tropical summers, and with a few potential stinging DE nicks that I may pick up, I can just imagine your interesting refreshing method.  Now I will stop off on the way from work tomorrow, at my favourite self pampering shop, and look out for some WitchHazel
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
They say it's great for Hemorrhoids too.....got to love anything you can use on both ends 

Think about that next time you are rubbing it on your noggin, somewhere in the world someone else is rubbing it on their A$$...... :*))
Cheers,
Ty

Warhawk, Now you have got me Googling Witchhazel...Social networks have a wonderful way of exploding new dimensions and opening up our minds to an amazing world out there...

In our sometimes insanely humid sub-tropical summers, and with a few potential stinging DE nicks that I may pick up, I can just imagine your interesting refreshing method.  Now I will stop off on the way from work tomorrow, at my favourite self pampering shop, and look out for some WitchHazel

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:57:30 AM by TyMoore122 »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
If it works for you, then carry on! I use ClearHead by HeadBlade and it really is supreme.

Enter your email address: