Author Topic: First shave  (Read 1537 times)

Offline JBjunior

• Learning the way of Sly
First shave
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
No pictures but I just shaved for the first time.  Bald by choice, I have a full head of hair but have some military training in a month and figured I would give this a try for it since I have to have my hair "very short" anyway.  I tend to keep my hair short but this is definitely new.  I had been reading threads around here so I had my supplies ready.

I shaved down to 0 with the electric and then took a shower to get rid of all of the excess hair.  I then threw on some Anthony's pre-shave oil, a little water, and then hit it with the electric (Panasonic ES8243) but had to apply quite a bit of pressure to get it smooth.  I didn't realize how close it was cutting until I splashed a little water over my head and it felt like I had been pepper sprayed (trust me, I've done it).  It was cutting good but I wanted to see if anything else would work as well so I switched to a Schick Quattro Titanium and lathered up with some stuff out of the can.  It went smooth and left me slightly less inflamed.  After making sure I got everything I through on some cold water, witch hazel, and then a little bit later some astringent.  I plan to throw on the Jergen's Natural Glow to knock down the impact of the shadow.

The burn, oh the burn.  It ended with the witch hazel though.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: First shave
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
Give it a little time and your head won't be so sensitive.  You'll get used to it in  a week or so. In the mean time, don't scrub real hard with your razor to minimize the burn sensation.

Military is a good place to shave bald daily, if they will let you (or give you enough time).

Offline JBjunior

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
Thanks, time is why I want to use the electric.  Even if I miss a few spots I can hit it quicker while showering and not have to worry about gouging myself.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
well done. time will fix it
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
It took me about a week to adjust to shaving my dome every day. Now, no more razor burn!
Hair is over rated.

Enter your email address: