Author Topic: Any other bump patrol users?  (Read 28794 times)

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
It smells like vinegar, so I am dubious about using it myself, but since Frank said it gives his dome a nice shine, I may just try a splash this weekend.  You are sporting a wonderful glow there Frank, by the way.

Mahaw, you say it burns?  I like that burning feeling that aftershaves give, so I may just like this burn as well.

Hey guys,

Yes, the bump patrol does sting for a few seconds but I find that once the stinging subsides the scalp feels refreshed and tightens up nicely.  My one complaint about the product is the smell.  I'm not a fan of the smell of vinegar.  So waine, I can totally understand the apprehension.  However, it really does work well and the vinegar smell subsides quickly. 

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 02:19:27 AM »
Applied again this morning and it didn't sting as much. It's such a quality product. Thanks Frank.

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
You're welcome.  :)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
Made a mess of my head today at the back, got abit too confident with the headblade (2nd go) and ripped me head apart. BANG slapped on bump patrol after cleaning and it has cleared up so much in the space of 3 hours. Great stuff. Stung like mad though, never had anything sting as much lol worth it though. Thumbs up from me

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 12:43:48 PM »
@Mark

I used bump patrol for the first time today after picking up two small nicks.  It gave a nice sting, and a nice glow to the dome.  The scalp also felt smooth and moisterised somehow.  Feels like a good product.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »
I don't have this at my local stores.
Front and sides of my head are looking fine, the back on the neckline, veeerrrry angry.
My Walgreens and CVS carrys Bump Stopper 2 is it about the same, like Coke and Pepsi?
SirHarry, I see you use this one.
Keith

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
Keith, they both perform similar functions except that Bump Stopper is a cream and you can't get any shine from it.....FYI, Bump Patrol is sold at Wal Mart...and when I bought it there, they even threw in a free shaving brush! Give Wal Mart a try, and good luck...P.S. Witch Hazel after shaving is another option to prevent razor bumps!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
Thank SirHarry.
I'm gonna head to WalMart in a bit to see if they have it, if not I'll give the Bump Stopper II a shot.
I'm not worried about a shine, but the back of my head/neck IS TORE UP!
I use the Witch Hazel after every shave on my head and now on my face too.
No issues anywhere else besides the back and neck. Only my 4th or 5th shave, I shave every other day.
 Might that have anything to do with it?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
Thank SirHarry.
I'm gonna head to WalMart in a bit to see if they have it, if not I'll give the Bump Stopper II a shot.
I'm not worried about a shine, but the back of my head/neck IS TORE UP!
I use the Witch Hazel after every shave on my head and now on my face too.
No issues anywhere else besides the back and neck. Only my 4th or 5th shave, I shave every other day.
 Might that have anything to do with it?

Do you wash your scalp after every shave? Do you shave with or against the grain? Another thing is to give it a little time...Your scalp is going through an adjustment, it took me roughly two months to where razor bumps were no longer an issue...and I still get them once in a blue moon if I miss part of my routine. Another thing...it is pretty hot down in the south right now, so your pores will tend to sweat a little more. Good Luck!

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
Went to Walmart. Absolutely NOTHING in the shaving aisle nor the "Ethnic Needs" section that I was led to for razor bumps...
WTH!?!?!?!
Buuuuuuuuut........ :)
Even though the website didn't say they carried it, I stopped by a CVS on the way home because I knew they
had SOMETHING on the website for bumps.
Cruise down the aisle...BAM!..one..ONE! bottle of Bump Patrol on the shelf left!
YEAH!!
Said a lil prayer and put it on my neck. Fingers (and everything else that can be crossed) crossed!
Washing my head afterward? I give it a once over with a warm washcloth before the Witch and Nivea.
As far as direction, I go against the grain or it looks like I have a shadow as soon as I'm done.
Thanks for all the help and I apologize for the partial derail of the topic.
Keith

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
When applying bump patrol, make sure you don't apply anything else, if you want the best result.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
Glad you found it!....No need to apologize, we can't help if we don't know what you need!....As far as Walmarts go, I have four within a 20 mile radius of where I live (the nearest major city is roughly 25 miles away) Two of them keep their stuff stocked and the other two look like they're candidates for a clearance sale....Getting back to topic, keep us posted with how the Bump Patrol does!

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
When applying bump patrol, make sure you don't apply anything else, if you want the best result.

BBCMark, Little clarification please, when do I put the Bump Patrol on?
Immediately after rinsing my head when I finish shaving put it on then and only or after I rinse/Witch but no Nivea?
Thanks

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »
I cold rinse head, pat dry, wait about 3 minutes, then splatter it all over my head. I don't use witch hazel when I use it, I don't think there is any need to use it. Also the instructions tell you to just apply the bump patrol, and it's worked for me. I suppose if you wanted to put some witch hazel on when the bump patrol has totally dried then I don't think that would be a problem. Prepare yourself for the 20second sting of the bump patrol, owwww!

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
Yeah, I remember wincing in pain the first time I used the bump patrol.   However, I've found I've gotten used to it.  I usually apply the bump patrol after I'm done shaving.  However, I do use other products as well.  Just before leaving the house for the day I'll slather on a thin coat of sunscreen and just a tiny amount of shine spray to kick the shine up a notch.  I've found this works well for me.

Enter your email address: