Author Topic: Any other bump patrol users?  (Read 28787 times)

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »
Frank, I can't thank you enough for this thread.  I've dealt with some bumps on the crown of my head off and on for the last year.  Very annoying and I've tried a couple of different treatments with limited success.  After seeing your post, I figured why not give this stuff a try.  After 1 week of use, it's been fantastic.  Bumps are gone and you're absolutely right about the shine.  This stuff is awesome.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 03:44:52 PM »
Just bought some of this as I have started getting a few small pimple spots on the back of my neck, hopefully this will cure it. Is it best to just use this on its own after shaving head? No aftershave, no witch hazel, no aloe Vera etc?

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
do you use their shaving tips or your own?

The folks that sell bump patrol stress NOT shaving against the grain at all.  However, I believe that this advice is geared more towards gentlemen that tend to have coarse, thick, curly hair.  This makes sense since shaving this type of hair against the grain will increase the likelihood of razor bumps.  My hair is not curly at all and is not as thick either.  As a result, I don't follow their recommended shaving regimen and I frequently shave against the grain and that works fine for me. 

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
Frank, I can't thank you enough for this thread.  I've dealt with some bumps on the crown of my head off and on for the last year.  Very annoying and I've tried a couple of different treatments with limited success.  After seeing your post, I figured why not give this stuff a try.  After 1 week of use, it's been fantastic.  Bumps are gone and you're absolutely right about the shine.  This stuff is awesome.

Glad I could help, Mike.   :)

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
Just bought some of this as I have started getting a few small pimple spots on the back of my neck, hopefully this will cure it. Is it best to just use this on its own after shaving head? No aftershave, no witch hazel, no aloe Vera etc?

You know, I tend to use a lot of product on my head.  Although I'm pretty happy with the shaving routine that I've developed and am now consistent with it, I'm still playing around with how I treat the dome after I shave.  Currently, once I'm done shaving I'll rinse with cold water.  Once I'm out of the bathroom, I then splash some aftershave on the head to further close the pores.  I'll then rub my head with my hands and lightly go over any rough spots I may have missed with the razor.  Once I've done that, I use the bump patrol.  I then finished getting dressed and just before I head out the door I'll put on a little sunscreen and some shine spray.  (I favor a shiny dome!  lol) 

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »
do you use their shaving tips or your own?

The folks that sell bump patrol stress NOT shaving against the grain at all.  However, I believe that this advice is geared more towards gentlemen that tend to have coarse, thick, curly hair.  This makes sense since shaving this type of hair against the grain will increase the likelihood of razor bumps.  My hair is not curly at all and is not as thick either.  As a result, I don't follow their recommended shaving regimen and I frequently shave against the grain and that works fine for me. 
I like to shave with the grain when shaving my head but will go against to touch up spots sometimes but I like to go with the grain I use my own regiment as well and it works well for me also check out some of their videos

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
Bought some of it today only because I needed a new shaving brush....Nice stuff, but I still used my Osage Rub aftershave because of the better smell. I may apply some more tomorrow for that shine like Frank has....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Any other bump patrol users?
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 05:58:37 AM »
Just got mine through the post!

Just one question, is it best to store in fridge or cupboard? Thanks

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »
I keep mine in the cabinet...but if you feel better putting it in the fridge, go for it.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »
I keep mine in the cabinet as well.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:34 PM »
what's the shave gel like?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
what's the shave gel like?

It's pretty clear, has a smell similar to Vicks....I only use a small dollop mixed in with Shave Secret and then apply it with the brush provided.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 01:26:32 AM »
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is it meant to sting?

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
Must be the alcohol! Feels quite nice actually

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 01:48:57 AM »
I bought a bottle for someone who has bumps and a nasty rash on their groin after they shave.  I want this person to find relief and I want to see for myself if it works.

It smells like vinegar, so I am dubious about using it myself, but since Frank said it gives his dome a nice shine, I may just try a splash this weekend.  You are sporting a wonderful glow there Frank, by the way.

Mahaw, you say it burns?  I like that burning feeling that aftershaves give, so I may just like this burn as well.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Enter your email address: