Author Topic: Face shave du jour  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Face shave du jour
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
I thought it might be a nice idea if people shared how they shaved on that day, whether with a nice description or a photo.

Not being especially gifted in the writing department, I thought I'd kick off this thread with a photo.

This is how I shaved last night.

The razor is a lime Feather Artist Club straight razor.  The blade is a Kai Mild Pink.
The soap is Monsavon soap, from France, a very light, fresh soap, which lathers easily and gives good protection and glide (plus it's dirt cheap!).  The brush is an Omega boar brush.  Not an expensive one but one which lathers wonderfully.

Three passes last night.  One with the grain, and two across the grain. Result, a wonderful smooth face.

The aftershave is the fantastically cooling, Osage Rub.  Try it in summer, you won't regret it!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:06:23 PM by Bluebriz »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Face shave du jour
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »
Hey Brian:  That is an awesome set up.  I always give much respect to the straight razor.  U can never go wrong with the Osage Rub. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »
I had to keep reducing the photo size to fit it on here, then ended up with one almost too small to see!  Sorry guys!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »

My shave routine last night:

Face shave:  The DE razor on the left is the Muhle R41 (open comb razor)... it is a very aggressive razor.  It's my latest DE razor.  It gave a great shave but still getting accustomed to the aggressiveness.

Head shave:  The DE razor on the right is the Weber DLC.  This DE razor gives a great head shave.  This razor and the EJ89L are my current favorites. 

Shave Soap:  Mike's Natural Soap (orange/cederwood/pepper):  This is an awesome shave soap that lathers like yogurt and provides great cushion to the skin.  Check out:  www.mikesnaturalsoap.com.  Mike from Mike's Natural Soap puts out great shaving soaps and he provides great customer service.

The brush:  Semogue 620 Boar Brush. 

Osage Rub:  Applied after the cold water rinse and ice cube rub.  The Osage Rub provides a cool, tingling feeling that is out of this world.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
I had to keep reducing the photo size to fit it on here, then ended up with one almost too small to see!  Sorry guys!

No worries... I had 2 do the same thing after numerous tries.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Merkur Slant 37C, MWF shave soap, Astra Blade, Omega Boar brush, Witch hazel.  An Outstanding shave!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
I skipped my safety razor face shave today.  I'm still super smooth. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »
I am back to shaving at night.  The mornings are far too dark and cold this winter.  The DE gives me such a smooth shave that I can get away with it at the office the next day.  Iam a DE face shaver for life!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 12:01:43 AM »
I am back to shaving at night.  The mornings are far too dark and cold this winter.  The DE gives me such a smooth shave that I can get away with it at the office the next day.  Iam a DE face shaver for life!

I'm the same 99% of the time Waine.  Evening shaves let me relax and take my time, no clock to race against, and although there's a pretty heavy stubble by the time I finish work the next day, I don't have black or very dark hair so it's not a big deal.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
Hey Waine:  I always shave at night if I have 2 get up early in the mornings.  If I don't have to get up early... I usually perform an afternoon shave.  Safety razor shaving cannot be rushed.  It is an art that must be enjoyed slowly rather than quickly.  My night shaves provides me peace, comfort, and the results give me a relaxing effect for a good night sleep.

WARHAWK O0

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
I couldn't agree with you more Warhawk.  Shaving is actually therapeutic for me.

I like the pictures posted here as started by BlueBriz.  Now I must just pay attention as to how to post pics on this site, then I want to post some of my own.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Enter your email address: