Author Topic: Advantages and disadvantages of Bald -- My take  (Read 16573 times)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
Re: Advantages and disadvantages of Bald -- My take
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
Great list, Waine.

I agree with it completely. Advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages.
BaldBill

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »
Yes I find the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The only thing I have problems with is in my line of work. I'm a sheetmetal guy working on helicopters. I can't tell you how many times I have partially scalped myself climbing inside of a tailboom or crawling underneath after the skins have been removed and I catch my head on the corner of a bulkhead or something.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »
Based on personal experience today ... Bald guys know it's raining before hairy guys.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
Yes I find the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The only thing I have problems with is in my line of work. I'm a sheetmetal guy working on helicopters. I can't tell you how many times I have partially scalped myself climbing inside of a tailboom or crawling underneath after the skins have been removed and I catch my head on the corner of a bulkhead or something.

Just curious...what do you do?

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »
I do structural repair on aircraft, mostly helicopters.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
My appearance has completely changed over the last six months. I've visibly lost weight (so others say  :)) and now I am bald and sporting a growing beard.

Even in London, I've walked pass people who haven't seen me this year - and they don't recognise me now. Which means I can choose whether I want to go up to them for a chat. Others have said "don't I recognise you from someplace ?".

But for anyone who's seen me since February, I am instantly recognisable - even from a distant. Made it easier to get to know people around my new work place.

So mixed advantages and disadvantages....