Author Topic: Advantages and disadvantages of Bald -- My take  (Read 16574 times)

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Re: Advantages and disadvantages of Bald -- My take
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
I am with you all the way  - - -My shaved - shiny - grape is the best place for my glasses - - -sometimes I forget they are up   on the dome.

Total ADVANTAGE - - -I wouldn't want hair even if I could grow it.  I can grow hair on top - - -I think there are 35 hairs that grow on top now  and I shave them off.

Offline homer3142

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »
The only disadvantage I've found so far is having to constantly wipe sweat when I'm exercising

Also it seems like shaving is alot more expensive than getting haircuts, in terms of both money and time spent, but it's a small price to pay for looking way better

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »
The only disadvantage I've found so far is having to constantly wipe sweat when I'm exercising

Also it seems like shaving is alot more expensive than getting haircuts, in terms of both money and time spent, but it's a small price to pay for looking way better

You think so?  I often use leftover lather from my face shave that would otherwise be washed away, and the razors I use (WS Extreme III disposables) are cheap and I can get weeks of shaves out of one of those.  I'm not really up on the price of haircuts, but I see cheap places here offering 1500 yen haircuts, which would pay for my razors for several months.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »

:/O :/O :/OI don't know who did your barbering, but even with high priced Fusion blades, shaving is cheaper, far cheaper.  Looks neat and clean all the time--barbering doesn't work that way.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:58 AM »
Been bald for 5 months.

And there's one big advantage. No more listening to people telling me that I'm going grey or losing my hair.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
That is it Jules, I reckon that is the biggest advantage of them all!

Offline homer3142

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
:/O :/O :/OI don't know who did your barbering, but even with high priced Fusion blades, shaving is cheaper, far cheaper.  Looks neat and clean all the time--barbering doesn't work that way.

Well I'd get my hair cut about every 6 months, so that's $20 a year on haircuts.  I go thru the headblade razorblades in about 2-3 weeks of shaving and they're $2 each, so that's almost $100 a year

Don't get me wrong though it's easily worth it

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:10 PM »
Clearly, mileage will vary for each person. I was going to the barber every 3 weeks at $14 a pop. Sly is incredibly cost effective. And fun!
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline medianfury

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
great to hear so many of ya'll enjoy being bald.I wish I knew your secrets to happiness because it's been hell for me.i've been sly for 17 years and nothing good has ever come from IT.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 04:38:53 AM »
... because it's been hell for me.i've been sly for 17 years and nothing good has ever come from IT.

MedianFury, sounds like you have a story (or more) to tell. Perhaps put a post in the INTRODUCTIONS topic to bring us up to date. 17 years is a lot of unhappiness.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
My wife and I love spicy food, which I prepare / eat at least twice a week.  I perspire profusely with spicy food, but only with certain chillies, but now as a Sly spicy food lover, it is so easy to manage.  "Mexican food"  Sounds yummeee!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »
Great list Waine. Been sly for (Again) for 38 straight days and my only disadvantage is a lot of road cycling I do, I sweat even more but it's worth it. Let's me know I'm working hard :-)
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »
Hi there Median Fury. 

17 Years Sly and "nothing good has come from it."  Wow, that is a long time to be unhappy.  I have found thta in life, we make our own happiness.  Why don't you share your story?  perhaps we can be of support.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 05:17:12 AM »
One of my favorite sly advantages is that I tend to command a lot more respect from children than most other adults. The theory is that "The big bald guy has spoken, you better do it!" But kids for the most part know that I try to be a good, non-intimidating guy; I've gotten a few surprise head rubs from my kids, nieces and nephews occasionally!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
LOL, I can relate Sir Harry.  I also find that children tend to stare at me longer than before.  I just break the look with a warm smile.